Buying new mod
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying new mod

Default Buying new mod

Hi guys,

I'm going to be buying a new mod soon and I was looking for some input. I've only been vaping for about 5 months or so. My main piece is an iTaste 134 and I love it so far. I'm looking to get into rebuildables with the chance of learning more about sub ohm. I was looking at possibly buying a hammer clone by hcigar? Any thoughts on this mod, going sub ohm, or any other direction you guys can point me in would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

i got the nemesis clone and i love it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trainey View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm going to be buying a new mod soon and I was looking for some input. I've only been vaping for about 5 months or so. My main piece is an iTaste 134 and I love it so far. I'm looking to get into rebuildables with the chance of learning more about sub ohm. I was looking at possibly buying a hammer clone by hcigar? Any thoughts on this mod, going sub ohm, or any other direction you guys can point me in would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Are you planning on using an extension tube with a 30 amp IMR battery in the hammer?

I wonder is the Hammer a true mechanical or is it a "hybrid" (as in does it have wires inside that go to the 510 connection)? Looking at pictures on google, it looks like a true mechanical but I can't tell for sure. If it is then as long as you use the right battery and vape safe you should be ok.

I just bought a Smok Magneto, a Patriot clone and a couple of 30 amp IMR's to try my hand at dual coils. I don't plan on building any below .8 Ohms and will probably always shoot for 1.0 Ohm builds.

Senior Member Verified Member shorestyle's Avatar

If I were you I'd recommend getting a clone to start. Nemesis is a good choice. I, like many other started with one and then the rabbit hole opened haha.

What atty are you looking at getting? I'd recommend looking into an RDA like the IGO-L or IGO-W. Once you get good at building coils on that you could look at moving into a kayfun or kayfun clone if you want something with a tank.

Start slow, it makes it more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Btsmokincat View Post
    Are you planning on using an extension tube with a 30 amp IMR battery in the hammer?

I wonder is the Hammer a true mechanical or is it a "hybrid" (as in does it have wires inside that go to the 510 connection)? Looking at pictures on google, it looks like a true mechanical but I can't tell for sure. If it is then as long as you use the right battery and vape safe you should be ok.

I just bought a Smok Magneto, a Patriot clone and a couple of 30 amp IMR's to try my hand at dual coils. I don't plan on building any below .8 Ohms and will probably always shoot for 1.0 Ohm builds.
    As far as I've read its a true mechanical. I'm not entirely fond of the hammer, especially how it looks when you add the extension tube. I mainly mentioned the hammer because its the only full mechanical mod I've seen sold locally and the only one I've had my hands on to look at in person. However I do like how the hammer is held sideways and can be used like a pipe. Are there any other mods that can be used this way? The nemesis that the poster above me mentioned looks nice, I was thinking of trying it with a trident clone.

Quote Originally Posted by shorestyle View Post
    If I were you I'd recommend getting a clone to start. Nemesis is a good choice. I, like many other started with one and then the rabbit hole opened haha.

What atty are you looking at getting? I'd recommend looking into an RDA like the IGO-L or IGO-W. Once you get good at building coils on that you could look at moving into a kayfun or kayfun clone if you want something with a tank.

Start slow, it makes it more fun!

I've seen a lot of good stuff about the tridents as far as starters so thats what I'm leaning towards most.

Senior Member Verified Member shorestyle's Avatar

I've seen a lot of good stuff about the tridents as far as starters so thats what I'm leaning towards most.
    Can't go wrong with a trident!

I got a Hcigar Hammer and love the hell out of it. My recommendations would be is to get the magnet upgrade for the switch. You can get the magnets on ebay. Also I recommend getting a Sony 18650 30 amp battery if you are going to start sub ohming. Makes things a lot safer and it will perform a lot better for you. I just ordered my Nemesis and I heard a lot of great things about them. Just remember if you are going to buy clones buy from Hcigar they are the best from what I am hearing. Let me know if you got any questions about the hammer I will help out as much as I can. Right now I am running my Hammer with a Kraken at .5 ohms dual coil with cotton wick.

Quote Originally Posted by GowerPower89 View Post
    I got a Hcigar Hammer and love the hell out of it. My recommendations would be is to get the magnet upgrade for the switch. You can get the magnets on ebay. Also I recommend getting a Sony 18650 30 amp battery if you are going to start sub ohming. Makes things a lot safer and it will perform a lot better for you. I just ordered my Nemesis and I heard a lot of great things about them. Just remember if you are going to buy clones buy from Hcigar they are the best from what I am hearing. Let me know if you got any questions about the hammer I will help out as much as I can. Right now I am running my Hammer with a Kraken at .5 ohms dual coil with cotton wick.
    You have to use the extender for the Sony 18650?

You have to use the extender for the Sony 18650?
    Yes you do. But if you are going to sub ohm it is highly recommended that you use it. Do some research on them you will know what I mean. I know it makes it look weird but you get used to it. The Hammer was also my first mechanical mod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast