Putting down the protanks. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Putting down the protanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexx View Post
    Took the Dremel to my VTR a while back, it currently sports a Pulse genesis RBA clone. Fits beautifully and hits like a freight train.

Does it bow out. I'm worried that the wider tank would put stress in the 510 connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Micsubin View Post
    My only complaint about my protank 3 is that it floods out. I'm not sure if it's user error o a regular issue with tank type.
    What kind of voltage are you using and what kind of pull are you using with it? Mouth to lung or straight lung draws?

Senior Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by nodpaige View Post
    I really have not had any major problems out of my protanks but I got a FULL SIZE RUSSIAN, and a clone of the Kayfun by tobeco and I tell u I have got one more on the way it is the best vape well to me it is.
    I agree. I put down my tanks (to be used in an emergency), and now own two russian 91 clones and one kebo russian 91. I have finally found the atomizer for me. I've been using the kayfun style for almost a month now and have no regrets.
    csantiago1911 likes this.

Super Member* Verified Member Jenn Perry's Avatar

I have done the same exact thing. I LOVED my protanks so much but once I got the Kayfun lite I have hated using the protanks when I have.

Ha! I'm still loving my Aspire BDCs with Innokin MVP2 & VV3s and never putting them down!....But then again, a few months back I loved my Kanger T4s...hmm... Vaping is a succubus in disguise, isn't it?!

Congrats on your new toy! <goes to hide CC from self...>
    Markus765 and Eivind211 like this.

Take action while you still have the choice, to ensure you will continue to have a choice...

I really have not had any major problems out of my protanks but I got a FULL SIZE RUSSIAN, and a clone of the Kayfun by tobeco and I tell u I have got one more on the way it is the best vape well to me it is.
    i love my protank 2 but i also have a trident and a i-atty on the way to play with i wish the russian came with a glass tank i would buy one now.

Once I got my KFL+ and a clone, Those 2 replaced my 3 Pt's. I cleaned them up and tossed them in the drawer. The protanks got me off the smokes, but the Kayfun design and clones too for that matter, really got me hooked. The flavor and vapor production is just way better than I ever got off a protank when wicked with cotton. Sticking it on top of a VV/VW device helped the protanks but still couldn't beat the KFL's.

Full Member Verified Member Ellzey's Avatar

Getting a PT 3 was a huge waste of money, don't get me wrong I've had some pretty sweet set ups in that thing but the Kayfun puts it to shame. I wish i knew then what i know now.
    Bill's Magic Vapor and Lexx like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gm91z28 View Post
    Have you tried rebuilding a protank head with cotton ? In my opinion cotton taste better than silica. The silica gives me a minute funky aftertaste. I also prefer the taste of my kayfun but while im out and about i prefer to take my protank style tank. I usually keep an extra rebuilt head around just in case but i have not had any problems.
    I noticed that since I only use rebuilt heads with cotton wick that my protank NEVER flood anymore.

Sent From Diabeetus

What kind of dremel and with which cutting tool did u use. I might try that with mine.

I have tried many many chimmey and got it to where I thought was quite awesome BUT I didn't like how it feels when I vape. It feels like I'm vaping a steel mill and I would be able to taste "metallic." I prefer super nano (once wrapped the coil still measure just 1/16 or even less it seems). I put some cotton in there with 2mm silica taste wick on top. To avoid flooding due to the coil's wick being very thin, I put a piece of seal(same seal that you see near the base of the atty...I just took one off of another atty) underneath. I'll probably try to recreate this when aqua arrives
    Sent from Vape Heaven

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast