Putting down the protanks. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Putting down the protanks.

My transion to my aqua is done. I can no long love/use my protanks like i used to. Time to shelve/pay forward

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
    Denvap0r likes this.
    Sent from Vape Heaven

Well, I regularly use both MiniPT2s and a Taifun GT. My PTs have rebuilt micro-contact-coils w/ cotton, and, of course so does my Taifun.

That said, I prefer the Taifun. But I still think my MiniPTs give a fantastic vape (being properly rebuilt and wicked, of course) - and lots of my mates who have tried both have preferred the MiniPT over the Taifun, vape-wise.

I should say that, in my opinion, the MiniPTs perform so well because of their extra air-flow base.
    MacTechVpr likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christopherja View Post
    Well, I regularly use both MiniPT2s and a Taifun GT. My PTs have rebuilt micro-contact-coils w/ cotton, and, of course so does my Taifun.

That said, I prefer the Taifun. But I still think my MiniPTs give a fantastic vape (being properly rebuilt and wicked, of course) - and lots of my mates who have tried both have preferred the MiniPT over the Taifun, vape-wise.

I should say that, in my opinion, the MiniPTs perform so well because of their extra air-flow base.
    And so does a KPT with a proper electrical coil and airflow. I love the mini. Neither, nor any tanks compare to my Immo's or Helios for vapor. The Kanger's suit their purpose of balancing performance and utility, and they don't leak. They have a distinct flavor signature. I wasn't impressed with the Aqua, I had to take it near subΩ and it was a fiddly build. Just watch The Greek. I'm sure I'll love my Kay with all the experience I gleaned from the tight builds that cleoro's require. And if I didn't have that, I'd probably settle for mediocre results on the more expensive clones and originals I own. The Protank exhibits a magnitude of sins (compromises) but serves an undeniable a multitude of purposes with its own particular graces (such as a chaining at moderate v/w).

I use Protanks extensively in testing. Grateful for any contribution. LMK.

Good luck all.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity—Seneca the Younger

Senior Member Verified Member

I've cut back on the mini protank as well but I still stick with it when I'm not trying to pull out a mechanical and dripped in a public place or while driving. I still think it has it's purpose . Or maybe time to gift it to someone and save their life from cigs!

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I use a Taifun GS with my VTR as well. Works great. I ordered a Cobra Genesis from FT. It is under $10, holds 3.5ml and is 19mm so should fit the VTR perfectly. Will let you know how that works out.

Super Member Verified Member wedoitall's Avatar

I build my first coil last night .17 ohm micro with cotton on a minipt2. I love to taste and vape:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wedoitall View Post
    I build my first coil last night .17 ohm micro with cotton on a minipt2. I love to taste and vape:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure you meant 1.7Ω. Congrats.

Good luck.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity—Seneca the Younger

Senior Member Verified Member Denvap0r's Avatar

I made the switch to an Aqua clone recently and haven't used a pro tank in a while. I built my coils with 30 ga. at 1.1 ohms and it still works great with my MVP for work.

...and a Bababooey to you all

Blog Entries

I've just ordered the Flash-e as well... I'm very interested to see if it really is that much more flavorful than the kayfuns.

My pro tank and my T3S and MT3S all leaked wit two different brands of juice. Maybe I got ripped off and bought clones, but they were supposed to be authentic. My new favourite, much to my surprise, is the Kanger T2. I am loving this clearo. Very cheap and simple, wicks well and great vapour. I really can't complain. I guess simple is sometimes better.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast