Aspire Nautilus Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Aspire Nautilus Question

Default Aspire Nautilus Question

Aspirations to rebuild the coil with a micro/cotton setup as rip describes on his video, just curious if the head on those atomizers can handle anything lower than 1.6 ohms. Also, i only have a k-100 mech mod for its battery with no kick/kick2 for it, will 1.6ohms with just 3.7volts give me some good vapor production? That only comes out to 8.5 watts(which seems low to reading about people getting 15 to 30+, should i invest in a Kick2 to bring my wattage up to 15? i want to get into RBA's just not ready yet though, want to get my feet wet with my aerotank and nautilus and coil skills. And also could i do possibly a wrap or two less to bring it down to the 1-1.4 ohm range safely? i dont even know why im asking this either b/c i dont know the difference in vapor production/taste/throat hit...lol, i have just seen to many videos and reviews on people sub-ohming and how great it is, so im trying to reach for the clouds here(literally)....any advise would be outstanding for this newbie, thanks for your time.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Get a rda dripper and a nice 30a battery if you want clouds.
    kmack1982 likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Like Sthur said. it's much easier to build on a RDA than rebuilding a coil head. You're better off getting experience on a RDA first, then move on to rebuilding coil heads

I VAPE and I VOTE

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Animosity1719 View Post
    Aspirations to rebuild the coil with a micro/cotton setup as rip describes on his video, just curious if the head on those atomizers can handle anything lower than 1.6 ohms. Also, i only have a k-100 mech mod for its battery with no kick/kick2 for it, will 1.6ohms with just 3.7volts give me some good vapor production? That only comes out to 8.5 watts(which seems low to reading about people getting 15 to 30+, should i invest in a Kick2 to bring my wattage up to 15? i want to get into RBA's just not ready yet though, want to get my feet wet with my aerotank and nautilus and coil skills. And also could i do possibly a wrap or two less to bring it down to the 1-1.4 ohm range safely? i dont even know why im asking this either b/c i dont know the difference in vapor production/taste/throat hit...lol, i have just seen to many videos and reviews on people sub-ohming and how great it is, so im trying to reach for the clouds here(literally)....any advise would be outstanding for this newbie, thanks for your time.
    A lot of those cloud chasing vids are done with zero nic 100%VG for effect , a waste of time IMO try chasing flavor instead , a good RBA or RDA is an easier build but since you have the Aspire already why don't you go for flavor instead of special effects , unless you have decided you want a hot vape with less flavor from your Aspire going subohm is pointless .
    NicksCloud likes this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

coming from someone who has experience rebuilding an aspire nautilus head and a protank head, I would start with a cheap rba. The nautilus heads in particular are a real pain to rebuild and the payoff imo was not worth it.

I bought the Nautilus with the notion that you had...it would be something i could work on rebuilding to hone my skills. That being said...go get yourself an RBA. I said screw it and got a Russian. I had too many failed attemps on the nautilus. The russian on the other hand not only blows away the nautilus (imo) it is super easy to build on.

The trident looks interesting to me, could i start with this?

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Animosity1719 View Post
    The trident looks interesting to me, could i start with this?
    You could but a Russian or Kayfun or their clones will give you the best performance available with an easy build , they just plain work without issues , the convenience of a tank with the flavor of an RDA , they're your best bet IMO .
    diamondlvr24 and snowsnee like this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Super Member ECF Veteran

The Nautilus with the stock 1.6 coil works just fine with my Nemesis.
    I see no problem lowering the resistance of your rebuilt head, just as long as your mod can handle it.
    My first rebuild was 1.3 and it works just fine.
    It is a tricky rebuild compared to others, so if you don't know what yr doing, I suggest to start with something else.

Moved On

I started out on a IGO and it was quite easy. Just make sure to grab a RDA with 3 posts on it. Its easier to dual coil setups with 3 posts. Plus you will get full on flavor!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast