How to check the ohms on a HYBRID device? (With a multimeter)

Thread: How to check the ohms on a HYBRID device? (With a multimeter)

Default How to check the ohms on a HYBRID device? (With a multimeter)

Hey guys, I plan on purchasing the Valkyrie from Vicious Ant and i want to be able to check the ohms of the coils i will build on it. Since i cant remove the atomizer head i cant check it with an ohm meter. So i have a multimeter but i dont know how to check ohms on a HYBRID device with it! HELP!!!

Thanks

Senior Member Verified Member NineToez's Avatar

They're shipping Valkyries again?! I've been waiting for one myself!

Anyway, what multimeter do you have? My Craftsman isn't very accurate unfortunately when checking resistance.

Daily vape : Hana Modz v3 Mini, Tobh Atty v1, 0.4Ω

I have a basic multimeter that i purchased from lowes about one year ago. And i cant figure out how to check the ohms on the damn hybrid. Im getting frustrated and i dont feel like blowing my face off so im waiting to find out how to check resistance before i fire it. I do have a vtc4 battery that does have a 30 amp limit but still i want to be safe!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

You will just need to check it at the screws where you attach the coil

make sure you check the resistance of your multimeter leads also by touching them to each other (mine are a consistent .3 ohms) unless you have a self zeroing meter (expensive) and remember to subtract that from your reading

hoe this helps

Why yes, yes I am a flavor floozie

So if i take the multimeter leads and place them on the two screws of the RDA no matter which ones, it will give me a resistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Jim View Post
    You will just need to check it at the screws where you attach the coil

make sure you check the resistance of your multimeter leads also by touching them to each other (mine are a consistent .3 ohms) unless you have a self zeroing meter (expensive) and remember to subtract that from your reading

hoe this helps

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yes
    it will give you the resistance of the coil but will not include the resistance of the posts which is usually minimal (.1 ohm or less)

I do hope it is a digital multimeter, as analog (ones with a needle) are not accurate enough at the low ohms we are using in vaping

Why yes, yes I am a flavor floozie

Super Member ECF Veteran MikeJA's Avatar

After you've wrapped a coil, put the positive lead of the meter on the positive screw of the hybrid and the negative lead of the meter on the negative screw of the hybrid.

Full Member Verified Member

make sure the screw posts are clean too. juice or other stuff will mess with the accuracy. press firm and hold steady. better yet, use alligator clips