Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Topwater Elvis's Avatar

I'd experiment with different delivery devices / toppers & different resistance heads to find what works best for you first.
    Even though there are 3 Provari's in the house, I'd recommend experimenting with something less expensive like the MVP2 to see if a more stable/increase in power delivery & vv/vw improves your vape experience.

There is an additive available from a DYI juice supplier that increases throat hit, I am drawing a blank at the moment on what/who/where.
    Katya, Grimwald and deborahbeaman like this.

2. Advertisement
    Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jugband View Post
    I say order the Provari. Chances are more than likely you will down the road anyway, why not now. Also if you can only use VG ejuice I can recommend Alien Vision ejuice. They have mostly VG based ejuice, and I get tons of throat hit from there Boba's Bounty or Gorilla Juice.
    I have kind of gotten the juice bug, ordered a bunch of different flavors...I can see where this may be an addiction

4. Advertisement

yeah id go for it, things awesome.

Go for it! I would if I had the extra $ right now I have two VW and now think a mech will be my next purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    deborahbeaman likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Now that you know that vaping is definitely for you, then I would say a Provari is an excellent idea if you're looking at PV's in that price range. You can top the provari with all sorts of delivery devices, and if needed you can always get a 510/eGo converter thingie so they fit properly. I still use Kanger T2's at 1.8 - 2.0 - 2.2 - 2.4 ohms. Heathers Heavenly Vapes has a very clean pure VG range of juices (in other words the base flavoring is VG as well). What nicotine level are you using as that can have an impact on throat hit.

Queen of Hearts Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

GO for it!!!!!

I went from ego style batteries to a MVP 2 to a ProVari.

I was lucky enough to have won the MVP 2, otherwise I may not have ever bought one. I really liked the MVP 2 and it does it's job good. However- if you can afford the ProVari, I think you should definitely go for it!!! You may want to experiment with something else as a good backup for the ProVari, or you may end up doing what most ProVari owners do and buy a second one! (and then a third and a fourth....)
    I always look at it this way: I spent $10 a day smoking. A ProVari cost only as much as I would have spent for less than 20 DAYS of smoking!!
    To me this justifies the price completely.
    In the long run if you are thinking about a ProVari now you will most likely buy one at some point. It may as well be now before you spend even more money on mods that you will want to upgrade from eventually anyway.

Good luck and Welcome to ECF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Verified Member NineToez's Avatar

If your budget allows for a Provari, do it. If it's throat hit you're after, you'll want juices with a higher PG ratio. VG is vapor production while PG promotes flavor and throat hit.
    Amberina likes this.

Daily vape : Hana Modz v3 Mini, Vicious Ant Cyclone, 0.8Ω

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater Elvis View Post
    I'd experiment with different delivery devices / toppers & different resistance heads to find what works best for you first.
    Even though there are 3 Provari's in the house, I'd recommend experimenting with something less expensive like the MVP2 to see if a more stable/increase in power delivery & vv/vw improves your vape experience.

There is an additive available from a DYI juice supplier that increases throat hit, I am drawing a blank at the moment on what/who/where.
    I second that.

OP, start with an iTaste MVP 2--you can buy it for 40 bucks and have a lot of fun with that. Just plug and play, it comes with dual 510/eGo threading, it offers variable power and voltage, and can be used as a passthrough, which means you can vape while it's charging. And it's a 2600 mAh battery--one charge should last you at least two days!

Good luck.
    drummerskey and Coldrake like this.

Provari is definitely a top quality mod. It will not increase much TH, its mostly related to PG/Nicotine level. Even vaping pure VG can deliver a good kick if you raise your nicotine level, what nic level you are using now?

PV Master Verified Member Mark Anthony's Avatar

Hello and welcome to ECF..... If you can afford the Provari just go ahead and get it. It is a fine device that is well made and has different sizes to suit your needs. If you want to keep it small go for the mini, although the regular size one isn't that large. Head over to the provari forums and take a look at some of the pictures and read through the posts before making up your mind..... good luck!!! BTW.... yes I have one and love it!!!
    Amberina and deborahbeaman like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast