Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Well it sounds like your nic level is fine. Maybe try more PG in the PG/VG ratio will increase throat hit. I have to use 100% VG myself because I'm sensitive to PG, but if you're not you can increase it a bit and see if that helps.
    I have to use 100% vg as well

Sometimes it's not a certain device, nic level, or flavor of juice that gets us to stop smoking. Sometimes it's just Time....

Many of us take weeks or months to break that physical and mental barrier and finally quit. Especially after many decades.
    Ah well....tout casse, tout lasse, tout passe...everything breaks, everything gets tiresome, everything passes...

Full Member ECF Veteran

did you give the VTR ,a look they are a well built mod, and you can get them form ebay for under 80.00$ with free shipping,they take all of the aties with 510 treads to ego threads, and they use the 18650 flat top bat.just search ebay for the vtr.mod and it will come up...
    deborahbeaman likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

As a Provari owner, I would suggest you try less expensive shots at variable voltage or variable wattage before a Provari purchase.

Can you go wrong with one? No.......it is a top quality device and one you would likely have for a while

But you first need to understand how and why variable voltage/wattage works first and although it isn't as complicated as a mod or rebuild-able, you may find that it doesn't really solve the problem or creates more of one if you don't understand battery safety and resistance/ohms/voltage.

The better way out is to try some different liquids.......I would +1 the MVP 2.0 for $40 if you want to give it a shot for less investment and try some different toppers to see what you like.

This was already stated but it is important to understand that it is more than just buying it and go.

Tip of the Week: Don't lick the mixer beater with it running

Full Member Verified Member mjohnsoniii's Avatar

Can't afford the Provari (right now, at least) so I'm considering a Vamo V5 or MVP2 and although I don't really care for the bulkiness of the MVP2, it definitely has its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    Hi to all, I am 21 days into vaping and I have already gone from the V2 to the Evod, but I just don't get consistency from it. I still miss the throat hit from analogs, but I can only use VG juice. I have been reading about the Provari, the price is a little steep, but I really don't want to go back to smoking and it would be well worth it if it prevented that. I am 58, so there may be a learning curve trying to rebuild the coils LOL. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, Im sorry if this is TMI, but I wear dentures, so I don't get a lot of absorption except for inhaling. I did read the sticky about how to vape, but...
    Just ordered a provari mini today. cant wait until i get it

Full Member Verified Member mjohnsoniii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INNOSVD View Post
    Just ordered a provari mini today.
    BIG MONEY GRIP!

PV Master ECF Veteran

Hi to all, I am 21 days into vaping and I have already gone from the V2 to the Evod, but I just don't get consistency from it. I still miss the throat hit from analogs, but I can only use VG juice. I have been reading about the Provari, the price is a little steep, but I really don't want to go back to smoking and it would be well worth it if it prevented that. I am 58, so there may be a learning curve trying to rebuild the coils LOL. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, Im sorry if this is TMI, but I wear dentures, so I don't get a lot of absorption except for inhaling. I did read the sticky about how to vape, but...
    I wish I had gone straight from an Ego to a Provari,,,,I would have saved a ton.

Yes, it's more expensive than the others out there,,,,,but it's not the MOST expensive,,,,,

and it's a tank,,,,,I just tossed mine 8 feet onto concrete today, not a scratch,,,,you get a year's warranty,,,,,,and after that, if it breaks, it's CHEAP to fix,,,,,,,

try that with some of the stuff out there,,,,,

if it's the right choice for you,,,,,,it's the right choice for you.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Provari is good, eVic is a good choice too. I own both and switch between them often. The eVic has some goods features and the Provari is tough as nails. Either way you can't go wrong.

It's a great choice I was in the same boat as you once I got the provari I was more than happy I did do it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast