Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Also, people keep talking about how expensive a Provari is... Not really when compared to the price of smokes...

(stepping off of high horse now).
    deborahbeaman likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran CommaHolly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    Also, people keep talking about how expensive a Provari is... Not really when compared to the price of smokes...

(stepping off of high horse now).
    or the price of some of the higher end mods out there,,,,,,,,,,holy smokes, some of them are way over 500 and 600 bucks!

Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyle View Post
    What exactly is your setup?

There is the tank part which holds the liquid, and there is the power part.

The evods are good tanks to start with; remember to change the atomizer heads.

For the power, you want to get a regulated supply.
    Would be a pity to spend on a provari, then find your vape is still inconsistent because of tank problems.

The best battery out there seems to be the mvp2; best bang for the buck.

Does your setup look like this?

yes, pretty much like that

i once used these kind of e-cigs, then i moved on to mechanical mod, just clones, sentinel to chi you, then i get tired of the problem of the threading, so i moved to original sentinel v2 and get my hands on provari, it's like a dream came true lol. i've been using provari up until now even though i bought a hana v2, I still like the provari for the sleek design.

Senior Member Supporting Member JaRod's Avatar

The Provari IS expensive, its also excellent quality, but its design, feature wise is becoming outdated, for example Provari is only VV or Variable Voltage, but no VW or variable Wattage, most newer devices are both VV and VW. The ring doesn't have air holes meaning you'll be able to use only devices with their own air holes, or they wont work on the PV. It just became popular and everybody wants one, or two, or x. I personally like the way it feels in your hand and its perfect if you use Protanks and such, but if you go with larger atomizers like the Nautilus or some RBA's they wont look right on a Provari because of its conical upper ringering which is smaller than many tank's bases. I'd say with 200 bucks you can buy an excellent American made device or 3 perfectly functional Chinese devices, your choice

Full Member Verified Member STEELRAIN's Avatar

I went from the Evod to the Lavatube 2.5 essentially the same thing. about the same cost do essentially the same things (LT does vw and VV while provari only does VV) same warranty and what not. too each their own

VAPE MAIL OH VAPE MAIL, WHERE ART THOU MY SHINNY VAPE MAIL
    Volcaon LT V2.5/Atomo V2 (authentic)/Magneto/Fogger V2/Taifun GT/HCigar Immortalizer

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

As far as TH in 100% VG juices. Check AVE (Alien Visions). Most if not all thier stuff is 100% VG and it has great TH!

Sent from somebodys phone I found using Tapatalk.

PV Master Verified Member edyle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    yes, pretty much like that
    That's a standard evod kit.

For power, the upgrade to that would be a regulated power supply; something that keeps the voltage constant.
    For power I'd suggest an itaste vv v3 or MVP2; they both have VW; just set the power level.

Then you can pay more attention to the tank.
    I recommend a miniprotank2. It uses the same replacement atomizer heads as you evod.

An alternative is the pyrex vivi nova, which is a topcoil tank.

Then there are the carto tanks, which uses cartomizers; use and replace cartos, maybe once a week or better.

I wouldn't spend on a provari until you settle into vaping for the long haul.

I use protanks, on miniprotank bases; and for power I have a sigelei zmax and a vamo, as well as 3 vv-mini-usb passthrough cables.

Senior Member Verified Member

If money isn't an issue then go for it but it won't do much more than a VAMO 5 except I think they go down to 1 ohm compared to 1.2 on a VAMO. Check out Hana mods for a powerpacking vape machine. Not quite the same looks but will out power a Provari big time.

Super Member DavidAmonettNashville's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    Hi to all, I am 21 days into vaping and I have already gone from the V2 to the Evod, but I just don't get consistency from it. I still miss the throat hit from analogs, but I can only use VG juice. I have been reading about the Provari, the price is a little steep, but I really don't want to go back to smoking and it would be well worth it if it prevented that. I am 58, so there may be a learning curve trying to rebuild the coils LOL. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, Im sorry if this is TMI, but I wear dentures, so I don't get a lot of absorption except for inhaling. I did read the sticky about how to vape, but...
    Being a heavy Smoker myself, I found that in the beginning that Top coil clearomizers like the Vision Vivi Nova and their warm/hot vapor production mimicked an actual smoke the best....You probably need to experiment with toppers first. A provari with a junk atomizer gives you a junky experience all total. Like I said- when I first started vaping I really needed that warm/hot vape and I found the dual coil Vivi Novas did the best job for me. I slowly broke away from needing the heat sensation and today I'm strictly a bottom coil-cool vape type vaper but I give credit to those Vivis for helping me get through that tough spot. Once you find a topper that works good for you then you can go about finding the right Mod. If There's anything you feel like I can help you with just send me a PM and I'll do my best to help. Whatever you do.. Don't go back to the coffin nails. You can do it and we're here to help
    edyle and deborahbeaman like this.
    ECF was the first major website on electronic cigarettes, and started in 2007. Since then it has grown into a giant resource with 5 million pages on the sitemap. There are 4,000 posts a day on the forum with over 40,000 visits. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast