Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Go for it, you will regret going back to cigs. Good luck and whatever you use, you can get lots of help. Just stay away from cheap knock offs. I had them given to me and they suck.
    deborahbeaman likes this.

I begin with a V2 one year ago and not liked at all and left vaping. Now I try again and bought EGO-C joyetech and now have about 3 month since I smoked the last analog. Just one month ago jump to the provari and is the best thing I do.

Full Member Verified Member

Started with an ego, went to an innokin cool fire, svd, nzone clone, and now on an Origin mod with a nimbus rda and loving it◀️

Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar

OK, I went with the Provari and Kayfun , researched the hell out of it, took all of you guys advice into consideration, and I'm just waiting for it to come in Today is day 32 with no cigs, and I am so happy about that! Yay me Thank you all for your help and support, you rock
    Coldrake likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If you bought the Kayfun, make sure you have Kanthal wire, some wicking material and an ohm meter. It does come with a little but you will need more.

Plus, some of the coil builds you see on Youtube will not work on the Provari...........if the ohms are too low, the Provari will not fire.

Tip of the Week: Don't lick the mixer beater with it running

Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drummerskey View Post
    If you bought the Kayfun, make sure you have Kanthal wire, some wicking material and an ohm meter. It does come with a little but you will need more.

Plus, some of the coil builds you see on Youtube will not work on the Provari...........if the ohms are too low, the Provari will not fire.
    I haven't rebuilt before so I will be learning from scratch, do you recommend any youtube in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    OK, I went with the Provari and Kayfun ...
    Oh I would like to go with the Kayfun too, but as I understand the V3.1 is out. I only find the mini plus and the clone by EHPRO

Which one you get? Where (if you don't mind)?

Gabo

Full Member Verified Member ciweuw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nancybout View Post
    Go for it! I would if I had the extra $ right now I have two VW and now think a mech will be my next purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you buy your mech. You will want silver plated contacts. They have less of a voltage drop than brass

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    I haven't rebuilt before so I will be learning from scratch, do you recommend any youtube in particular?
    Try pbusardo on you tube and look through his channel to find his review on the kayfun. Can also find it at his website at tasteyourjuice.com

In response to the OP, don't buy a provari based on mysticism that seems to surround them; some seem to imply there is something special about them, and it would make them appear magical, as if powered by pixie dust and unicorn farts.

From what I have read, it appears to be a durable device with an easy to grasp user interface. It also seems to have a rather nice way of regulating power.

However, the provari (or any battery by itself) doesn't seem to be addressing the OP's concern in simulating the experience in smoking.
    I personally do not like pg at all. The route I took is staying with top coils for a warmer vape and going with higher voltages/wattages.

My recommendation to the OP would be to find a decent top coil head, such as the vivi nova or iclear30... And to be careful to make sure they are not the bottom coil variants of those tanks. The only reason I'm not suggesting cartos is they don't seem to like the 100% vg that much, and we don't want to create extra hassles for a new vaper. In fact, I suggest two tanks.

Next I would suggest getting a couple c-twists or spinners, to play with variable voltage (and see if this gives the desired results). Mods are fun, but not always practical for out and about. Even if the provari ends up being the chosen path, these vv egos will be good for out and about.

Next I would suggest finding at least two e-juices that are palatable, to prevent the malady of "vapers tongue". If you vape the same flavor consistently, and without variation, you will stop being able to taste it. This is also why I suggested two tanks earlier.

Happy vaping!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast