Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 69 of 69
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

  1. #61
    Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Glenn_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Wow, great upgrade from a starter kit. The combo you bought is top-of-the-line.

    With the KayFun, are you confident about being able to build your own coils? I believe that there are a couple places where you can buy pre-made coils that will work on KayFuns, but people typically build their own, using Kanthol wire and wicking material like silica or cotton (for the SvoeMesto KF and some of the clones, these materials are included with the device). Coil builds are pretty easy with the KayFun, but there's a bit of a learning curve.

    Welcome to the forum, btw.

    -- Glenn

    Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    OK, I went with the Provari and Kayfun , researched the hell out of it, took all of you guys advice into consideration, and I'm just waiting for it to come in Today is day 32 with no cigs, and I am so happy about that! Yay me Thank you all for your help and support, you rock
    Edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    I haven't rebuilt before so I will be learning from scratch, do you recommend any youtube in particular? :
    Here's a good tutorial for a simple Kanthol and silica build:

    Another popular style of build uses cotton and Kanthol wrapped around a drill bit, there's a demonstration in the 2nd post of this thread: Unrelated thread, you guys are nice.....please help

    Good luck!
    Last edited by Glenn_K; 03-09-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    deborahbeaman likes this.

    Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff


  2. #62
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Being a relatively new vaper myself (just over 6 weeks since the transition from the smokes), I did a ton of research on these forums and elsewhere and decided to take the plunge and invest in a Provari a couple of weeks ago. Do I regret it? Not for a nano-second. Yes, it does the same thing as a cheaper mod or ago battery but the delivery of power is utterly consistent, dependable and doesn't change from the first to the last vape on a single battery. I justified the expense with comparing it to the amount I would have spent on smoking. The cost equated to a few weeks of smoking, except at the end of smoking for several weeks I'd have nothing to show for it, however at the end of several weeks of vaping I'd still have a Provari.

    So far, started on an Evod starter kit, then added a couple of Evod spinner batteries. Thereafter followed 2 Protanks, a mini and a Protank 3. Then came the Provari. Soon after, rebuilding coils with cotton followed. Now I'm awaiting a Kayfun Lite Plus delivery.

    Ultimately, it's great fun experimenting, but that's trumped by the most important factor…..no smokes in 6 weeks. After over 20 years of smoking, that's the biggest joy. Not being tied to the ciggs.

    Best of luck.
    deborahbeaman likes this.

  3. #63
    Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elgabo View Post
    Oh I would like to go with the Kayfun too, but as I understand the V3.1 is out. I only find the mini plus and the clone by EHPRO

    Which one you get? Where (if you don't mind)?

    Gabo
    I ordered mine from Provape, they just got a shipment back in, the Kayfun lite plus

  4. #64
    Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohm-y-Gosh View Post
    Being a relatively new vaper myself (just over 6 weeks since the transition from the smokes), I did a ton of research on these forums and elsewhere and decided to take the plunge and invest in a Provari a couple of weeks ago. Do I regret it? Not for a nano-second. Yes, it does the same thing as a cheaper mod or ago battery but the delivery of power is utterly consistent, dependable and doesn't change from the first to the last vape on a single battery. I justified the expense with comparing it to the amount I would have spent on smoking. The cost equated to a few weeks of smoking, except at the end of smoking for several weeks I'd have nothing to show for it, however at the end of several weeks of vaping I'd still have a Provari.

    So far, started on an Evod starter kit, then added a couple of Evod spinner batteries. Thereafter followed 2 Protanks, a mini and a Protank 3. Then came the Provari. Soon after, rebuilding coils with cotton followed. Now I'm awaiting a Kayfun Lite Plus delivery.

    Ultimately, it's great fun experimenting, but that's trumped by the most important factor…..no smokes in 6 weeks. After over 20 years of smoking, that's the biggest joy. Not being tied to the ciggs.

    Best of luck.
    I had to look twice to make sure I hadn't posted this! LOL that's is almost the exact same route I took, and for the same reasons LOL great minds think alike

  5. #65
    PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    dice57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    Posts
    4,548

    Default

    I started with V2's, then ego with protank, then to a Provari with PT, got rid of the pt's when I bought the Russian rba, then progressed to mechanicals and more rba's, sold the Provari and got a Futura DNA30, and have the SuperMax soon to be completed. Also have the Beast Box VV, which puts out a little over 20 watts. It's a progressive disease umm hobby. I am 10 months into my vaping career with no concern of ever returning to light up a smoke. Once the Max is delivered, I'll have 7 mods, 3 regulated, 4 mechanical, and about 9 rba's. I have given away all my V2's, ego's and protanks to friends and family. Since I have started vaping, have corrupted I mean converted, about 7 fellow employees at work.

    Yeah, a Provari or quality regulated device is a natural progression in the search for more satisfaction. Tis the beginning of a great collection of mods.

    Vape long and Prosper!!!
    deborahbeaman likes this.
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    Spot, I am not a Tree!!



  6. #66
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    cocacola31173's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    I started out with the V2 but got tired of constantly having to change out batteries cause even they performed good for me the battery life on them sucks. I then switched to Vision Spinners but didn't like the disposibility of them.

    Then I decide to get me a couple of Vamo so I only had to get batteries....after 6 months the threads stripped on both rendering them useless. I did get a MVP 2 which I love but it too is disposable and will prob last a year.

    Finally I decided to get a Provari. Best decision I ever made vape wise. Now I wish I had by passed all the spinners and vamos and just went straight to this. For the money I paid for all that stuff I could had purchased one.

    My advice is to skip all the other stuff and just get the Provari. The quality is so much better and the vape is better on it too especially with a carto tank. Im not a Provari snob but I just know good quality when I see it.
    deborahbeaman likes this.

  7. #67
    Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Glenn_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    995

    Default

    I didn't know that ProVape sells KFs. I just ordered a KFL+ myself, from a local seller, to replace a KF clone that I've been happily using.

    Not 100% sure whether this will go with the KF/KFL -- someone on the ECF/ProVari subforum might know this -- but ProVape has just started selling a very inexpensive 'beauty' ring for a flush look when pairing your ProVari with an RBA: ProVari Tank Ring.

    Also, be sure to check out the ECF/Rebuildable Atomizers subforum once your KFL+ arrives, there are a number of active threads about various KF builds.

    -- Glenn

    Quote Originally Posted by deborahbeaman View Post
    I ordered mine from Provape, they just got a shipment back in, the Kayfun lite plus
    deborahbeaman likes this.

    Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff


  8. #68
    Grand Vizier of Vape Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Glenn_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Lol.

    When I've got cravings to purchase still more E-Cig gear, I try saying the vaper's serenity prayer:

    God, grant me the serenity,
    To accept the e-liquids I cannot change,
    The courage to change the coils I can,
    And the wisdom to know the diff.


    -- Glenn

    Quote Originally Posted by dice57 View Post
    I started with V2's, then ego with protank, then to a Provari with PT, got rid of the pt's when I bought the Russian rba, then progressed to mechanicals and more rba's, sold the Provari and got a Futura DNA30, and have the SuperMax soon to be completed. Also have the Beast Box VV, which puts out a little over 20 watts. It's a progressive disease umm hobby.....

    Devices: Gus Telescopic, Provari Mini, KFL+, Siam Cobra, AC9, some other stuff


  9. #69
    Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_K View Post
    I didn't know that ProVape sells KFs. I just ordered a KFL+ myself, from a local seller, to replace a KF clone that I've been happily using.

    Not 100% sure whether this will go with the KF/KFL -- someone on the ECF/ProVari subforum might know this -- but ProVape has just started selling a very inexpensive 'beauty' ring for a flush look when pairing your ProVari with an RBA: ProVari Tank Ring.

    Also, be sure to check out the ECF/Rebuildable Atomizers subforum once your KFL+ arrives, there are a number of active threads about various KF builds.

    -- Glenn
    Sorry, that was incorrect, should have said vaperev... all my vapes are running together thanks for catching this
    elgabo likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Bookmarks