Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Full Member Verified Member deborahbeaman's Avatar

Default Newbie here - would you go from an Evod to a Provari?

Hi to all, I am 21 days into vaping and I have already gone from the V2 to the Evod, but I just don't get consistency from it. I still miss the throat hit from analogs, but I can only use VG juice. I have been reading about the Provari, the price is a little steep, but I really don't want to go back to smoking and it would be well worth it if it prevented that. I am 58, so there may be a learning curve trying to rebuild the coils LOL. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, Im sorry if this is TMI, but I wear dentures, so I don't get a lot of absorption except for inhaling. I did read the sticky about how to vape, but...

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

the Provari is a fine device, and it can be topped by a RBA or a carto or a clearo. As far as the throat hit you are looking for if you can only use VG juices ...there are only a few ways to increase that...higher nicotine in the juice....STRONG flavors like strong mint(halos Kringles curse) or strong cinnamon(red hots type) are about your best bets . Even with dentures your cheeks, tongue and throat absorb most of the nicotine...even if you do lung inhales the nicotine can not be absorbed due to particle size.
    deborahbeaman likes this.

I too started on the V2s and intend to continue using them likely forever. Although I have graduated to a VAMO v5 -- which I adore -- It's only practical (and wise) to use when I am at home or sitting around bull....ting with friends at one of our homes. The size of the device and the VG liquid I like to smoke through it is just too conspicuous (and to some obnoxious) to use just anywhere.

At work, while at a bar, or in just general out and about, I use my V2s with a PG liquid. Their small size plus the light vapor that PG liquid creates is perfect for blending in and inconspicuous use. As I type this right now, I am sitting in a government computer lab, on site, with a V2 right in front of me. People around me are making as big deal of it as I am that I am smoking one.

This all said though, don't throw out your V2s just yet. Consider that some devices and liquids are more suitable for certain situations than are others.

As far as your question goes regarding which APV to get, I think that either will do you just fine. In the end, they all do the same thing, which is to provide power to an atomizer. That's it.

The distinguishing factors are quality and cost, between which there is a proportional relationship. The Provari will last you longer, but will cost you more. Outside of that, there is aesthetics, but for the most part, there is no right-or-wrong answer independent of independent circumstances.
    stylemaster2001 likes this.
    Amsterdamm

Current AVP: VAMO v5 w/ Kanger Protank III

Been there. Done that..

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I say "Go For It". Good luck & VAPE ON

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

nothing wrong with that

a provari will be something you choose to keep regardless of where your road on the vape trail takes you

Quote Originally Posted by Amsterdamm View Post
    I too started on the V2s and intend to continue using them likely forever. Although I have graduated to a VAMO v5 -- which I adore -- It's only practical (and wise) to use when I am at home or sitting around bull....ting with friends at one of our homes. The size of the device and the VG liquid I like to smoke through it is just too conspicuous (and to some obnoxious) to use just anywhere.

At work, while at a bar, or in just general out and about, I use my V2s with a PG liquid. Their small size plus the light vapor that PG liquid creates is perfect for blending in and inconspicuous use. As I type this right now, I am sitting in a government computer lab, on site, with a V2 right in front of me. People around me are making as big deal of it as I am that I am smoking one.

This all said though, don't throw out your V2s just yet. Consider that some devices and liquids are more suitable for certain situations than are others.

That's true, I hadn't thought of that... Thanks

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I say order the Provari. Chances are more than likely you will down the road anyway, why not now. Also if you can only use VG ejuice I can recommend Alien Vision ejuice. They have mostly VG based ejuice, and I get tons of throat hit from there Boba's Bounty or Gorilla Juice.

ECF Guru & Lurker-Q Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Deborah

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

Quote Originally Posted by KurrptSenate View Post
    nothing wrong with that

a provari will be something you choose to keep regardless of where your road on the vape trail takes you
    I was thinking it would be a better investment than cigs

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast