Do you worry? Long term effects? - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree356Likes

Thread: Do you worry? Long term effects?

Super Member Verified Member rurwin's Avatar

There have been animal studies published on long-term PG and nicotine inhalation. No medical issues were found. I don't think there has been one found on Glycerine inhalation yet.

I'm not worried either.

After 40 years of smoking ??? No way...vaping is like a get out of jail free card.

Sent from the north 40 by messenger cow
    Sickkboy, zahzoo, Anjaffm and 6 others like this.
    Once you're in over your head, deep don't matter.

Senior Member Verified Member SPACKlick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    What if a bee flies up your nose!
    Then you're not breathing air any more. Although I'd need to see studies to see if inhaling bees represented a harm reduction from smoking. I reckon it'd be a close call over the long term.
    FourWinds likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by NineToez View Post
    I too am 41 and was smoking regularly since about 19 or 20. I recently completely quit and now vape exclusively and although my friends and family love the fact that I quit cigarettes, they really don't know what to say about vaping since they see it as "you're replacing one thing with another" or "you're still sucking in chemicals regardless".

While the jury is still somewhat out with inhaling PG/VG vapors while carrying nicotine into our lungs, I still think "burning" two or three chemicals beats the 600 in tobacco leaf cigarettes.
    I was already huffing propolene glycol in my Albuteral inhaler...which I gave up in the first week of vaping and not smoking. Anybody out there need my brand new inhalors that I have left?? I thought not!! Take that Big Pharma!!
    Dear Karma: I've got a list of people you missed.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love to see some legit reports on how vaping does or doesn't affect our lungs. With it being relatively new we may not get that for quite some time. I do know that I feel sooooo much better than I did when I started and have not had to use the 3-4 inhalers or nebulizer I once needed daily since I started vaping. That says volumes to me. I haven't had a chest cold or bronchitis since I quit cigarettes which was unheard of for me. It's just been an all-around good thing for my lungs and respiratory system. Better yet my doctors aren't complaining!
    Anjaffm, Bramble and FourWinds like this.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

If there is any long term effects that could be fatal i'm pretty sure this forum would have a lot less members
    Even if there is some risk involved, i'd much rather take my chances with the 6 ingredients that make up e-liquid rather than the 4,000 that make up an analogue
    Anjaffm likes this.

Long term effects.

Well I would base that on where you get your ejuice and style of delivery. If you use an analog look a like you aren't doing yourself any favors. If you move to something that you control the liquid than you are doing better. I started out with the analog look a likes with zero nicotine. There is a chemical in there I got addicted to. I then found Ego and Ejuice and don't have that addiction anymore. I fly ZERO nic. It makes for enhanced flavor. I know others need the NIC. I'm glad they are getting it this way.

Oh not worried at all. I am all ready disabled from other sicknesses and don't care.

Stay calm and vape on!

PV Master* Verified Member Bunnykiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    It is better. It's all about harm reduction. Nobody here claims that vaping is 100% safe and/or good for you--only breathing fresh air in an unpolluted forest (on a rainy day) is completely safe.

However, compared to smoking--well, there's just no comparison!

Welcome aboard.
    last forest I was in when it rained smelled like mold and rotting leaves
    and bear poo.... didnt see any bear tho...
    Anjaffm and FourWinds like this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

I do like that. Clean air. Only clean air is with a mask and an oxygen tank. Everything else is dirty.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast