Best portable RBA? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Best portable RBA?

  1. #11
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    pt91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I am a stickler for non leaking rbas and I can tell you that if you want one that absolutely doesn't leak get one with filler if you fly with it. If you don't fly (pressurized setting) you have more options.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, I wish.
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pt91 View Post
    I am a stickler for non leaking rbas and I can tell you that if you want one that absolutely doesn't leak get one with filler if you fly with it. If you don't fly (pressurized setting) you have more options.
    What's filler?

  3. #13
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emus View Post
    My go to pocket carry is IGO-F and a syringe tip 10 ml bottle of juice; tasty vapor and never had a leak.
    Another favorite pocket carry is AGT beauty and bottle of juice; tasty vapor and no leaks if you know how to treat her.
    I have pocket carried Aqua but not as easy to refill and bigger than I prefer.
    I used to pocket carry FT cobra but it has been collecting dust this year; looks kinda junky.
    I really need to have a tank because I don't want to carry around a bottle all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by pt91 View Post
    I am a stickler for non leaking rbas and I can tell you that if you want one that absolutely doesn't leak get one with filler if you fly with it. If you don't fly (pressurized setting) you have more options.
    By filler are you referring to something like the gp spheroid?

    Also any input on the tobeco vs ehpro kayfun clones? Has anyone tried drilling out these clones? Is it difficult? Is anyone else trying to decide between these two?
    pt91 likes this.

  4. #14
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    pt91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis18 View Post
    What's filler?
    spheroid and heron are the most popular. Ukraine mods as well. Both great and not affected by gravity or pressure if done correctly. Others work fine if not pressurized. Ithaka, Penelope 2, etc.

  5. #15
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    pt91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    AR
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I tend to think of pvs/attys like I think of cars. No one best. I have one for the snow, one for fun, one everyday.
    One for home is easy. If it doesn't work as it i should I can grab another and figure it out latter. When on the road I always have a back up. When traveling domestically I have other requirements. When traveling Internationally I have other requirements. Nothing is perfect but somehow I stay off the cigs if I plan ahead.
    Ryedan likes this.

  6. #16
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pt91 View Post
    spheroid and heron are the most popular. Ukraine mods as well. Both great and not affected by gravity or pressure if done correctly. Others work fine if not pressurized. Ithaka, Penelope 2, etc.
    Unfortunately all those are out of my price range of $50.
    I think I am going to try to snag an ehpro kfl+ when it comes back in stock at 101 vape and if it is too tight of a draw I will drill it out.

  7. #17
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    brickfollett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmonday View Post
    Unfortunately all those are out of my price range of $50.
    I think I am going to try to snag an ehpro kfl+ when it comes back in stock at 101 vape and if it is too tight of a draw I will drill it out.
    If its a KFL + it should have adjustable air flow. I think the intake hole is somewhere between 1/16th" and 5/64"

  8. #18
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brickfollett View Post
    If its a KFL + it should have adjustable air flow. I think the intake hole is somewhere between 1/16th" and 5/64"
    Yes it does have adjustable airflow, but the port is on the bottom of the rba and I am using an atomo v2 clone which will not give it any airflow since it will be flush mount. I was about to pull the trigger on the ehpro kfl+ from vape royalty but at $50 I am considering spending the extra $40 to get the more open draw of the russian 91%. Thoughts?

  9. #19
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    brickfollett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmonday View Post
    Yes it does have adjustable airflow, but the port is on the bottom of the rba and I am using an atomo v2 clone which will not give it any airflow since it will be flush mount. I was about to pull the trigger on the ehpro kfl+ from vape royalty but at $50 I am considering spending the extra $40 to get the more open draw of the russian 91%. Thoughts?
    Unless your clone is a much different design than the standard kayfun/kayfun clone, the intake hole is on the side, on the bottom of these devices. the airflow does not come from the bottom of the mod at all, and the device your using should not in any way affect the airflow. the fill hole however is on the bottom of these devices. I really like the Russian 91%, I have one. It really is a beautiful piece, and easy to build, just not for me. Not sure if this is allowed on the forum or not, but if you are interested removing it from my possession, shoot me a PM
    1wildman likes this.

  10. #20
    Full Member Araxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Austin, TX, USA
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I have 2 favorites that even throwing them loose in my vape bag they haven't leaked, hcigar kayfun 3.1 best kayfun clone out there did research for a good while its a 1:1 clone very nice. The other is new winsmoke squape clone the best rta Ive seen, its actually better than the original, pyrex tank, e-matel deck different anodized process for the bell/chimney so it doesn't scratch as easily. I hate to say it but it is better tan my kayfun, even though I love my kayfun, lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks