Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: In search of a tank that isnt crap

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Say10 View Post
    I wasn't responding to the OP Katya
    But the idea is to respond to the OP. It's his thread.

We have other forums here to discuss other topics--we have an RBA subforum, a Modders subforum, an APV subforum... This thread is dedicated to the OP's particular issue--he's looking for a tank that will work out of the box without rigging--his words. Everything else is pretty much

Why don't we wait for his return and see what he has to say?
    Legolas and jwoode like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    But the idea is to respond to the OP. It's his thread.
    You should heed your own advice and respond to the OP instead of trying to tell everyone else how they should respond.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImageX View Post
    You should heed your own advice and respond to the OP instead of trying to tell everyone else how they should respond.
    I'm trying. But it's not always easy with so much unwarranted hostility around.

ECF is and has always been about helping new people. I don't want it to change.

If you want to recommend your preferred device, by all means, do so, but don't make it about being right or wrong. Because it isn't. Just like it isn't right to tell someone driving a Honda that your Subaru is better. Or that your iPhone is better than his Galaxy.

Sorry for being off topic.
    jwoode likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member Markus765's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy67 View Post
    My wife is using the Aspire ET-S Bottom Dual Coil (BDC) Glassomizer and I use the Aspire BDC Maxi tank. I prefer the Maxi because it has a removable drip tip. Both are great tanks and fill from the bottom. Easy to use and to fill if you have dexterity issues. They are also an inexpensive alternative since both can be found for under $10. I think I paid around $6 for my Maxi's on my last purchase. The ET-S is a glass tank and the Maxi is plastic.
    Here's a few links if you want to take a look:
    Aspire ET-S Bottom Dual Coil (BDC) Clearomizer
    Volt Aspire Maxi BDC

Keep in mind if your battery only has a 51o thread then a 510-ego adapter will be needed. They can be found on many sights and are usually $2.50 or less.
    Thanks for the links! I've been looking for the Aspires in colors. I just ordered 6. These have become my go-to.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ImageX View Post
    I guess you won't be back.
    ImperfectFuture likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Markus765 View Post
    Thanks for the links! I've been looking for the Aspires in colors. I just ordered 6. These have become my go-to.
    Glad to help. Thought these fit the original OP's question.
    Katya, Ladiekali and Markus765 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy67 View Post
    I guess you won't be back.
    You make so much sense. A regular sense factory.
    Doughboy67 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    If you are that hung up on the PT being crap it could be because you suck... too hard on the thing. I can make any Kanger BCC perform like crap by not using it right. Including things like trying to suck the life out of it and running it at a way higher voltage or wattage than it's designed to work at. They aren't meant to be drawn on like a McDonald's shake and just because you have an APV that can run them at 4.5 volts doesn't mean it's a good idea either. I can also fix all those crappy problems by not doing that stuff.
    the protank sucks at anything below 4.5, weak as heck vape and no flavor. What your guide on how to make it not suck? I must have rebuilt the thing 100 times and tried everything in the book and it still goes to crap fast. spend more time rebuilding and rewicking then I do vaping the thing. However my evod has been nothing but great

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    Hi Insearch and welcome to ECF.

I have used every Kanger BCC clearomizer ever introduced and never had a problem. There is a learning curve with vaping--it's not like smoking. It takes some time to figure out how things work and why they work as they do. I've never met a piece of equipment that was crap. Some work better, others not so well, but they all do work.

Experiment and learn and you'll find your perfect setup.
    Couldn't agree more. I will say I found the mini protanks less hassle than the aspire nautilus and Evods. I havenet tried many cartos but they seem easy enough provided u let them prime up front first.
    Katya likes this.

thanks guys. Yeah i had a great day with the PT2 today and last nite after K702 got me in the right direction. Today was even better. I only had to blow it out once today and it was after a full day of work and the tank was pretty low. Once I noticed any gurgle in it I would crank the wattage up and vape it up then lower it down when it started tasting dry and unflavorful. would get a bunch of good vapes then crank it up when it would slightly gurgle again. repeating that helped me allot. I float around 6-8 watts depending on how its hitting and it keeps it hitting great for me. Once it started not pulling much juice in general, even on a lower setting so i opened the tank just to fix the negative pressure situation K702 described and it started hitting like a champ again. I am very pleased with this tank now and wont be buying anything else.
    jnnfrlsw, Katya, Fisheeboy and 3 others like this.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast