Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My story, and why not to start vaping if you're not a smoker

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

I haven't tried it in a while, kinda moved on a bit from tobacco flavors, and tried it when I first started vaping a few months ago...so YMMV...but Silverthorne from Johnson Creek Smoke Juice always reminded me of an old, straight, tobacco smell and taste. Hard to describe, but in my opinion very "tobaccoish."

Senior Member Verified Member Zach904's Avatar

Considering the title to the OP, I expected to hear some horror story relating to a non-smoker becoming a nicotine fiend.. How misleading that was
    ~Ricky~ likes this.

Don't know how many heavy smokers started out thinking they were just casual smokers. Dangerous trap. Seen it too many times. Fooling only yourself to think it can't happen. If it were me and I couldn't stop lighting analogs I would get some high performance no nic vape gear before the smoking sirens take charge. If that doesn't work I would vape nic at strength required to avoid stinkies.
    Dampmaskin likes this.

^ The sad thing is, that I like the smell of analogs too, not only the taste. And as I wrote earlier, vaporized nicotine makes my heart go funny, and it really freaks me out. But I might try some 6 mg juice, or even make it lower, just to feel that I vape something, and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by KimShady View Post
    I've heard that using unflavored nic juice with just PG and VG tastes the closest to an actual analog cigarette. I have yet to try a tobacco flavor that actually tasted like a cig to me. Then again, I'm a mint vaper, so what do I know ?
    I would agree. My normal vape is a tobacco flavor, and I'm also looking to find a really good tobacco flavored juice. I do have flavors like peanut butter cup and creamsickle, but only vape them occasionally. Almost as an "after dinner vape"

Recent studies have show that it's very difficult to get lab animals addicted to nicotine alone, but when it's introduced in the form of tobacco smoke, it's quite often very quickly addictive. There are some people that can take smoking or leave it, but most people decide it's something they like enough that they start doing it daily. Truth be told, if you only smoke a few cigarettes every now and then with periods of weeks or more in between then quitting altogether probably is not all that essential, once you've established that you are not likely to become addicted and in danger of starting to smoke every day. I hate to tell anybody this, but really, it's the daily smoking that leads to heavier and heavier smoking that is the real danger. As for the smoky element you seek, that's a tall order because the first thing |I found when I "slipped" after about a week of vaping cigarette free (I was about 30 miles from home at a party when my only battery died) was that cigarette smoke tastes like crap. My opinion on the subject warrants much stronger language, but I'm not sure what the rules are here about that. It's kind of a shame because I was also an avid cigar smoker (no inhaling, so not really harmful), but vaping has so ruined me for smoking that I no longer enjoy my favorite cigars anymore; I guess I'll just have to use them for extracting flavor now... There are lots of tobacco flavored e-liquids out there but to me they just taste more like fresh tobacco smells before you light up. I suppose that's my body telling me it's glad I'm not exposing my lungs to that junk anymore
    Last edited by mensch1970; 03-01-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typos, wanted to change some content, too

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steam Turbine View Post
    Hi there, welcome to ECF.

Sorry to say that the smoky taste your chasing does not exist.

Vapor just doesn't taste like smoke.
    Johnson Creek juices have that smokey flavor to them. Something I did not like but others may? Anyone who likes that mesquite taste of stuff on the grill would like JC juices, I haven't picked that up in any other brands. Kinda good if you like that

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

lol, I'll have to agree on that one. Doubt there is any vapor out there that can mimic actual tobacco smoke. In my opinion that is a good thing.
    ~Ricky~ and Dampmaskin like this.

I've completely lost interest in duplicating tobacco related scents and tastes. Vaping feels like another world to me.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have yet to find a "tobacco" liquid that tastes like tobacco. You could try getting some tobacco absolute and mix it to your own liking.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast