My story, and why not to start vaping if you're not a smoker
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My story, and why not to start vaping if you're not a smoker

Default My story, and why not to start vaping if you're only a casual smoker

Hey guys, long time lurker here (1 year), and I just want to get my 5 posts done, so I can post freely now. But I probably won't be the most active member anyways, I get most of the information I need just by searching.

So here's my story: I was/am an occasional smoker, but never got addicted to nicotine. Once I smoked a pack and a half in two days when I was on a trip with my friends, and didn't feel the the nicotine craving the next day. Also I tried a hookah once, and I really liked that big, thick vapor. And then I saw someone using an e-cig and exhaling that same amount of vapor. So I got myself a CE4. I wanted to go nicotine free from the start, but I only found 12 mg juice, so I bought it. And then got another two 12 mg juices. They lasted me one and a half week each. Then I stopped vaping for a while, and still hadn't felt addicted to it. So yes, I think that addiction is just a myth (okay, maybe not, but I'm somehow immune)
    Then I got some 0 mg juice, because my pulse rate got really random from nic. (Never did from analogs though). But I never really stopped smoking. Well if smoking a cigarette every 2 days counts as smoking. And even that I love vaping, and chasing the clouds, it doesn't give me the feel of a cigarette. I tried some tobacco juices, but they didn't have that smoky taste, so I gave up. Now I haven't been smoking for a week, and I'd like to give it up (I'm starting to like smoking over vaping, and really don't want to get hooked), but for this I need to find some good tobacco flavorings. I diy my juices, and I can only buy Inawera flavors in my country. I did a bit of research, but I still don't know which tobacco flavor to choose. Many people seem to like Virgina Tobacco, but they also say it has a floral tasting, which is the last thing I want. I don't want it to be sweet, or have any fancy taste, just taste like a normal cigarette, and have a good smoky element. I'd be grateful if you guys could help me out a bit.

And btw here's my (poor) set-up:
    Mini Vivi Nova with a 1.3 ohm twisted coil
    1100 mAh e-Go without the electronics
    A big-... 26650 2200 mAh LiFe (3.3V) battery with a 510 thread soldered on it
    My first CE4 clearo, but it looks awful
    And going to order an IGO-W in the future.
    Last edited by Xenon; 03-02-2014 at 10:00 AM.

I've heard that using unflavored nic juice with just PG and VG tastes the closest to an actual analog cigarette. I have yet to try a tobacco flavor that actually tasted like a cig to me. Then again, I'm a mint vaper, so what do I know ?
    Doughboy67 likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Steam Turbine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi there, welcome to ECF.

Sorry to say that the smoky taste your chasing does not exist.

Vapor just doesn't taste like smoke.
    ccubed, ykalon, Zach904 and 2 others like this.

Because Smoke, is a Bad Vape!

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The closest I've gotten to an actual menthol cigarette believe it or not is Hawk Sauce.

Super Member Verified Member

A big-... 26650 2200 mAh LiFe (3.3V) battery with a 510 thread soldered on it <-------sounds frightening!
    Chessiesmile likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    Hey guys, long time lurker here (1 year), and I just want to get my 5 posts done, so I can post freely now. But I probably won't be the most active member anyways, I get most of the information I need just by searching.

So here's my story: I was/am an occasional smoker, but never got addicted to nicotine. Once I smoked a pack and a half in two days when I was on a trip with my friends, and didn't feel the the nicotine craving the next day. Also I tried a hookah once, and I really liked that big, thick vapor. And then I saw someone using an e-cig and exhaling that same amount of vapor. So I got myself a CE4. I wanted to go nicotine free from the start, but I only found 12 mg juice, so I bought it. And then got another two 12 mg juices. They lasted me one and a half week each. Then I stopped vaping for a while, and still hadn't felt addicted to it. So yes, I think that addiction is just a myth (okay, maybe not, but I'm somehow immune)
    Then I got some 0 mg juice, because my pulse rate got really random from nic. (Never did from analogs though). But I never really stopped smoking. Well if smoking a cigarette every 2 days counts as smoking. And even that I love vaping, and chasing the clouds, it doesn't give me the feel of a cigarette. I tried some tobacco juices, but they didn't have that smoky taste, so I gave up. Now I haven't been smoking for a week, and I'd like to give it up (I'm starting to like smoking over vaping, and really don't want to get hooked), but for this I need to find some good tobacco flavorings. I diy my juices, and I can only buy Inawera flavors in my country. I did a bit of research, but I still don't know which tobacco flavor to choose. Many people seem to like Virgina Tobacco, but they also say it has a floral tasting, which is the last thing I want. I don't want it to be sweet, or have any fancy taste, just taste like a normal cigarette, and have a good smoky element. I'd be grateful if you guys could help me out a bit.

And btw here's my (poor) set-up:
    Mini Vivi Nova with a 1.3 ohm twisted coil
    1100 mAh e-Go without the electronics
    A big-... 26650 2200 mAh LiFe (3.3V) battery with a 510 thread soldered on it
    My first CE4 clearo, but it looks awful
    And going to order an IGO-W in the future.
    I would try Mountain Oak Vapors either Southern Gentleman or Apache, GREAT flavors. Not sweet at all, and smoky like a good Latakia tobacco, not "smoke" smoky.
    Last edited by roadie; 03-01-2014 at 09:01 PM.

I thought there's a flavor for smoke. And I still think it should exist. And thank you for the tip with the unflavored nicotine juice, KimShady, but I'm vaping 0 mg at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sc12 View Post
    A big-... 26650 2200 mAh LiFe (3.3V) battery with a 510 thread soldered on it <-------sounds frightening!
    It looks frightening too But I had it laying around, so yeah... it was for free basically.

And thanks for the quick replys, I didn't think this forum was this active

Since you DIY, Oakwood flavoring with some Koolada comes pretty close to smokey.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Try an RY4 blend from ECblends if you can order it, I don't know how things work in Romania although I would love to come visit someday. Closest tobacco I've gotten yet. Also has a caramel with a light vanilla tone to it as well. Very Delish

Na Kamali'i O Kaua'i

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast