Kamry K101 in the mail... now I have questions...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Kamry K101 in the mail... now I have questions...

  1. #1
    Full Member Verified Member k9rotehexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    59

    Default Kamry K101 in the mail... now I have questions...

    So I just ordered a Kamry 101. I have been a twist vapor for almost a year now... so I wanted to finally upgrade and this mod looked awesome and got great reviews. I found it with batteries, charger and so on for a really good price.

    Now I need to find out:
    what PG/ VG is the best mixture for this type of mod?
    What type of attachment should I use? I prefer the bottom coils but the drip ones look interesting. I was thinking something like a nimbus?

    Please someone that has experience with this give me so tips. I am super excited!

    Right now I use a twist and my juice is PG 65%, VG 35%. I use a kanger T3s


  2. #2
    Senior Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I would suggest throwing those batteries and charger away that came in the kit. I was going to buy the same kit and then read about how terrible those batteries and charger are.

  3. #3
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    943

    Default

    You need to learn about battery safety first. The batteries and charger in that kit are garbage. Don't sub ohm with those batteries. You're going to need to invest in a better charger and batteries. There are a ton of threads on the site for battery safety.

    I wouldn't worry about a topper until you get the proper equipment. The cartomizers that come if that kit should be fine until you do some more reading.

  4. #4
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    crxess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Williamsport Md
    Posts
    8,877
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Study the use of Cartomizers, watch a few Youtube videos
    Purchase 5pks of Boge or SmokTech Cartomizers - 1.5ohm recommended
    This will keep you covered while you learn a bit about other devices.
    Pick up 2 IMR Batteries of your referred length (18650/18500/18350) 65mm/50mm/35mm

    Charger is hit or miss. Many have had complaints - many are using them.
    I can't preach chargers as I have been using 2 no-name units without issues for several years. Known Good Brand is always the Safe way to go.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol


  5. #5
    Senior Member Verified Member Kbennett65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Northern, Wi, USA
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k9rotehexe View Post
    So I just ordered a Kamry 101. I have been a twist vapor for almost a year now... so I wanted to finally upgrade and this mod looked awesome and got great reviews. I found it with batteries, charger and so on for a really good price.

    Now I need to find out:
    what PG/ VG is the best mixture for this type of mod?
    What type of attachment should I use? I prefer the bottom coils but the drip ones look interesting. I was thinking something like a nimbus?

    Please someone that has experience with this give me so tips. I am super excited!

    Right now I use a twist and my juice is PG 65%, VG 35%. I use a kanger T3s

    I have this mod and really like it. It feels solid without being too heavy and performs well. To answer your questions:

    I am no expert but I believe the PG/VG ratio is more personal choice and what your tank/topper will wick best, the battery shouldn't have much to do with it. Unless maybe a thicker juice performs better with more power? Just guessing here so hopefully somebody more knowledgable will chime in.
    The Kamry will take most tanks, I have used both bottom and top coil tanks
    as well as carto tanks without problem, but I actually found I prefer the straight up carto set up it came with.
    Battery life is pretty fair, I did find the vape stayed more consistent after adding a kick. If you decide to do that be aware that an 18650 battery won't fit with the kick installed.
    I agree with others about the batteries, the ones that came with mine quit taking a charge within a couple months, and when they were working I watched them like a hawk for overheating. The charger was ok, I did buy a better one and gave that one to my sister who still uses it without problems.
    Overall it is a great unit and well worth the price.
    Stosh and k9rotehexe like this.

  6. #6
    Full Member Verified Member k9rotehexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    59

    Default thank you! Any suggestions on sites to buy good batteries?

    Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Study the use of Cartomizers, watch a few Youtube videos
    Purchase 5pks of Boge or SmokTech Cartomizers - 1.5ohm recommended
    This will keep you covered while you learn a bit about other devices.
    Pick up 2 IMR Batteries of your referred length (18650/18500/18350) 65mm/50mm/35mm

    Charger is hit or miss. Many have had complaints - many are using them.
    I can't preach chargers as I have been using 2 no-name units without issues for several years. Known Good Brand is always the Safe way to go.

    Thank you for your imput! It is very much appreciated. Any suggestions on what websites have good batteries?

  7. #7
    Full Member Verified Member k9rotehexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Study the use of Cartomizers, watch a few Youtube videos
    Purchase 5pks of Boge or SmokTech Cartomizers - 1.5ohm recommended
    This will keep you covered while you learn a bit about other devices.
    Pick up 2 IMR Batteries of your referred length (18650/18500/18350) 65mm/50mm/35mm

    Charger is hit or miss. Many have had complaints - many are using them.
    I can't preach chargers as I have been using 2 no-name units without issues for several years. Known Good Brand is always the Safe way to go.
    Any suggestions on good websites for batteries? Thank you for your imput!

  8. #8
    Full Member Verified Member k9rotehexe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Davie, FL
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Study the use of Cartomizers, watch a few Youtube videos
    Purchase 5pks of Boge or SmokTech Cartomizers - 1.5ohm recommended
    This will keep you covered while you learn a bit about other devices.
    Pick up 2 IMR Batteries of your referred length (18650/18500/18350) 65mm/50mm/35mm

    Charger is hit or miss. Many have had complaints - many are using them.
    I can't preach chargers as I have been using 2 no-name units without issues for several years. Known Good Brand is always the Safe way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by B1sh0p View Post
    You need to learn about battery safety first. The batteries and charger in that kit are garbage. Don't sub ohm with those batteries. You're going to need to invest in a better charger and batteries. There are a ton of threads on the site for battery safety.

    I wouldn't worry about a topper until you get the proper equipment. The cartomizers that come if that kit should be fine until you do some more reading.
    Please explain sub ohm... I dont know what that means... sorry.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Old Orchard Beach, ME, USA
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k9rotehexe View Post
    Please explain sub ohm... I dont know what that means... sorry.

    If you are using a mechanical mod, you should get an understanding of ohms law as it is important to understand for safety.

    Sub ohm simply means a coil with less than 1 ohm of resistance. Ohm's law is basically Amps = Volts/Resistance. So if you were using say a 2 ohm coil, on a 3.7v rated battery that would mean you would be flowing 1.85 amps of power. Whereas on say a 0.5 ohm coil it would instead be 7.2Amps.

    Point is, if you exceed what your battery is rated at for discharge amps it can be very dangerous, check out some youtube videos of Li-ion battery failures and you'll see why you don't want a similar thing happening in your pocket. Not trying to scare you, but the batteries require a certain amount of respect.

    I have a k101 myself, with mine I purchased a Crown 2.0, which is a variable voltage, variable wattage device. It is a lot like a kick (which would also work fine, and is cheaper) but a bit shorter and more options without having to remove the battery to change settings. Mostly however I got it for the safety reasons,and I had hoped that maybe it's shorter profile would let me still use 18650s (it doesn't, just barely).

    If you don't want to go through the hassle of the ohm's law calculations or making coils to a resistance that gives you the vape you want, then pick up a kick or crown in vw mode to take the guesswork out of it.
    k9rotehexe likes this.

  10. #10
    Super Member* Verified Member ^Top-Shelf^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Just an FYI T3 and T3s will not fit a K101 without an adapter. Just thought you should know if you were planning on using them.
    k9rotehexe likes this.
    No his mind is not for rent.. To any god or government.. Always hopeful, yet discontent


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks