VV question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: VV question

Default VV question

I have a 2.4ohm coil. What voltage and wattage should I run to get the best vape and the longest battery life? My battery is variable voltage and wattage.

Ultra Member Verified Member Tinkiegrrl's Avatar

I adjust to taste. Too high and it'll taste burnt. Too low and it isn't satisfying. Different juices require different temps too sometimes. For me, it's more about taste then anything else, so I use two MVP 2's through the day and with 2600 mAh in each I don't worry about charging them for days.
    ccubed likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I used to take the resistance and add 2.2 to find a decent voltage. 1.8 ohms at 4.0 volts, 2.5 ohms at 4.7 volts, etc... That was with a Joyetech eGo Twist.

Nowadays I find myself thinking more in terms of watts, pushing whatever is on my Provari to its maximum 15 watts and backing it down only if I'm getting a burnt taste.

I recently ordered a 12 watt Kick clone, and I'll probably leave it set at 12 watts.

My battery is only 800mah so I'm trying to find the best settings for the longest battery life yet still giving me a good vape production. Will wattage effect my battery life or only voltage?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tootlers:12404006
    My battery is only 800mah so I'm trying to find the best settings for the longest battery life yet still giving me a good vape production. Will wattage effect my battery life or only voltage?
    Since the resistance is constant, adjusting voltage is adjusting wattage and vice versa.

I'm sorry I'm really new to all this. So you're saying every time I adjust my wattage my voltage changes too? I'm just wanting to know about battery life. Will higher wattage make it last less longer and the same with voltage?

I find that you have to find your own groove with voltage or wattage. New people sometimes tend to be down in the low 3.x's to start. That is where I started. Now I find my groove around 3.9-4.1 depending on the flavor I'm vaping. I was surprised to see my buddy at work was up in the 5.x's.

He seems to like it.. doesn't take near as long a hit as I do.

I think it's mostly a personal preference things and then also the flavor gets involved. A note here is that the mod and tank have a lot to do with this also. My dad for instance could not stand my ProVari + ProTank at any setting... but loves his Zmax + ProTank in the 3.2 range.

I don't worry about battery life. I have 4x 2900mah 18650's and I get about 2 days out of them and they are new... so I should get 3 days once they break in. Just keep an extra battery with you and vape at whatever feels right for you.

-Brian

Google "safe vaping chart"

there are helpful charts to study to get some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by tootlers View Post
    I'm sorry I'm really new to all this. So you're saying every time I adjust my wattage my voltage changes too? I'm just wanting to know about battery life. Will higher wattage make it last less longer and the same with voltage?
    Yes.

If you adjust by wattage.. in the background the device adjusts the voltage. If you adjust by voltage... in the background the device adjusts the wattage.

They are bound together.

-Brian

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sed Contra View Post

Nowadays I find myself thinking more in terms of watts, pushing whatever is on my Provari to its maximum 15 watts and backing it down only if I'm getting a burnt taste.
    Thought the Provari was only VV, not Variable Wattage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast