My mod never leaves my hand
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My mod never leaves my hand

Default My mod never leaves my hand

My wife just brought to my attention that I vape way more than I smoked. It's true! It seems like I always have my mod either in my hand or no more than 2 feet away from me at any given time.

It's been a little over 2 months since I've had an analog so I'm fairly new to vaping, but I was wondering if anyone else never lets go of their mod like me. Am I overdoing it?

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My mod is in my hand or I am asleep. You are not over doing it. If it keeps you from smoking then it is working.

I haven't smoked in over 18 months and I now have a mod sewn to my hand when I am awake. I love it and so does my family. My wife prefers the smell of fresh baked cookies over burned tobacco any day.
    Salty by nature.

When in doubt look to the Scarlet Fire.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is very normal to vape constantly in the beginning. I know I did. I kept my pv/e-cig in my hand nearly 24/7 and never out of my sight. You'll slow down eventually. Nicotine is absorbed differently vaping than it was smoking, it takes longer. You'll get the same nic level in your blood via vaping in 35 minutes that you would from a cigarette which delivers nicotine within 5 minutes. At least this is what I read in the study I have posted in my blog if you care to read it. No worries, you are doing what most of us do or have done. Happy vaping!

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Toot, Toot, Squonk Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I'm 3 months in, and unless I'm out of the house, my vape is almost always in hand. At the very least it is within arm's reach. Yeah, I vape a lot. Still beats smoking.

I think those lanyards for around your neck are useless. I need to design some sort of mitt that affixes my Reo to my hand instead. Much more useful .
    bennystrat and Mrs C like this.

+1

My husband pointed out the same thing, and has taken to calling my ego a Sonic(screwdriver). I guess I've even started waving it a bit as I talk to emphasize points. If I am awake, it's in my hand. If asleep, its on the night stand.

Blah, who is to say you are over doing it? It beats the hell outta chain smoking anyday
    LurkTron, Mrs C, lycina12 and 1 others like this.
    Things I learned vaping- 1) You really can't drink too much water. 2) 'Finger-tighten' is NOT a suggestion.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

And it's in your hand... Not between your fingers. I thought that would have been tough getting used to not having an analog between my fingers. Weird how easily I got away from that. I didn't walk around with that fantom analog between my first and second finger..
    Yes to keeping your device sewn to your hand !!
    chinolofus likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Elizabeth Baldwin's Avatar

I'm a chain vapor....and I love it. I think vaping is much, much better than smoking. I was 20 year, pack and a half a day smoker.

CASAA Member! We fight for Vaper's rights!
    Become a member at CASAA.org!

Blog Entries

Mine is pretty much in my hand all day I set it aside if the need arises. Going for an hour or 2 without a vape isn't all that painful...unlike going without a cigarette
    Mrs C and chinolofus like this.

Yep. It's really, really addictive. I guess that's okay. (?)

Super Member Supporting Member jensy's Avatar

There's worse things you could keep in your hand . Vape on and hold it proud !
    bali.loop likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast