Something I didn't expect has posed a possible problem - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Something I didn't expect has posed a possible problem

Ultra Member Verified Member Buggainok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RosaJ View Post
    Don't underestimate your mum. I'm 65 years old and have tried cartos, carto tanks, vivi novas, EVODS and now using the Kanger Aerotank. I did all of my own research and ordered my equipment knowing it may not work out.

My advice is to get her a variable voltage eGo or spinner battery and EVODs. This set up is what I call "fill and vape" and does not require fiddling. The only think you have to explain to her is ohms and voltage. If she can't see well, get her a magnifying glass and a lamp she can use (if she doesn't have one).

I'm so glad she's interested. Don't show your doubts to her, let her be the one to decide if it's too much for her. She may surprise you. And, btw, I smoked for more than 40 years, 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day. I've been smoke free for 2 years and the transition was totally seamless, no will power involved at all.

Good luck to both of you.
    I'm even older than you, RosaJ, and I also started with the ego and Evod clearomizers. I think they are excellent for beginning vapers, of all ages, but especially us older ones.

The Evod clearomizers are very reasonably priced, about $5, so you can get several of them, and have them all filled and ready for your mom to use. I have pretty good vision for my age, but do use reading glasses. I don't have trouble filling the Evods myself when I have them in good light.

Glad your mom is interested and I wish you both well.
    RosaJ, SleeZy and mikejeater like this.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Might try a Vivi Nova as they are very easy to fill.

Senior Member Verified Member dave51's Avatar

You might try the Kanger T3s
    It has a knurled bottom cover and doesnt take much to open or close

Besides being inexpensive and also holds more fluid than a smaller tank

Kangeronline carrys a 5 pack for less than $20
    Wow1420 likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member gpc2012's Avatar

there are some top filled tanks that might be easier to fill for her. Here's a link to a search i did
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...rchid=23020516
    I used to vape anything, but now Bionic is EVERYTHING

Full Member Verified Member PGR-Scooter's Avatar

Have a look at the Aspire Natalus.
    I think it is the best clearo out there and with the fairly large knurled base she may not have a problem with filling.
    As a bonus it has air flow control that is also easy to adjust.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Buy her a shed load of iClear16s and let her use them until they run dry and can be refilled by somebody. (better than CE4, almost as cheap, last for ages)
    Wow1420 likes this.
    DJS. MVP v.2 / Nemesis / Vamo V5 / Spinners / iTasteVV / iStick

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Give her your gear and show her how it works.

T

You are what you eat? I don't remember eating a sexy beast this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by EBates View Post
    Try the anyvape from Davide or Aspire with the BDC head. I like it, wife likes it, and PBrusardo likes it (Check out his review on the Aspire version). I think your mom will like it as well.
    This!...I have started my sister and her friend (he lives in GA) on these, they are "fairly" easy to fill and the heads last a good long time. The only "issue" my sis's friend had was he got the tank filled and screwed on the MVP2 we sent him and then began "puffing away" but couldn't get any clouds....then he read the note I had sent with and realized he had to "turn the MVP on"!!!!!!! lol After that, no problems.
    Coldrake, jensy and CKCalmer like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Grimwald's Avatar

A while back I was using the Kanger T4. It does't hold much, just 1 mil or so, but the top just pops off. It is also pretty easy to fill...come in 808 or 510.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

Ultra Member Completely Average's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdude View Post
    So I will get the ego for her but what tank to choose that'll be easy for her to fill? I want a tank that won't be too fiddly for her otherwise it will put her off and she will give up before she has properly tried.
    I have only used the Evod and the mini pro tank 2 so far and neither will be suitable for her.

Any ideas?

The absolute EASIEST and one of the best performing eGo clearos that I've found is the Kanger T2 clearo.

Notice how the coil stem extends above the top of the tank? That makes it impossible to accidentally pour liquid down the center tube. Just unscrew the tip, tilt the clearo a little, and pour the liquid directly on the stem and it will flow right into the tank without spilling a drop.

The clearos NEVER leak, never gurgle, and never spit raw liquid, even if you are using the eGo while lying on your back, holding it upside-down. A single coil can last 2 or more months with basic cleaning. The coils are easy to unscrew and replace. Flavor is quite good and it produces a lot of vapor, especially for it's size. Holds 2.4ml of liquid so it will last most of, if not all day without needing a refill.

The ONLY problem I've ever had with them is sometimes when you unscrew the drip tip it loosens the coil. Just give the coil a little twist to make sure it's tight before putting the drip tip back on. Other than that, it's the easiest, most trouble free clearo I've ever had.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 03-16-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast