Something I didn't expect has posed a possible problem - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Something I didn't expect has posed a possible problem

An update to this...............
    Tonight I have set my mum up with her very first vape kit!!
    I have given her a 650ma ego battery with charger (I charged the battery first!) and 2 tanks with some liquid.
    I gave her a CE4/5 tank and a mini pro tank 2. I filled both up for her and said when she starts to run low or when I am there I will refill/clean them for her.
    I showed her how to charge the battery and how to turn it on and off and how to vape.
    So, it's all down to my mum now!
    She will have a play with it in her own time to get used to it but she did look a little pleased/excited I turned up with some vape gear
    glointhedark, edyle, jensy and 2 others like this.

IClear 16
    I am ordering a couple of these from fasttech shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    The absolute EASIEST and one of the best performing eGo clearos that I've found is the Kanger T2 clearo.

Notice how the coil stem extends above the top of the tank? That makes it impossible to accidentally pour liquid down the center tube. Just unscrew the tip, tilt the clearo a little, and pour the liquid directly on the stem and it will flow right into the tank without spilling a drop.

The clearos NEVER leak, never gurgle, and never spit raw liquid, even if you are using the eGo while lying on your back, holding it upside-down. A single coil can last 2 or more months with basic cleaning. The coils are easy to unscrew and replace. Flavor is quite good and it produces a lot of vapor, especially for it's size. Holds 2.4ml of liquid so it will last most of, if not all day without needing a refill.

The ONLY problem I've ever had with them is sometimes when you unscrew the drip tip it loosens the coil. Just give the coil a little twist to make sure it's tight before putting the drip tip back on. Other than that, it's the easiest, most trouble free clearo I've ever had.
    Think I will add this to my next fasttech order

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdude View Post
    An update to this...............
    Tonight I have set my mum up with her very first vape kit!!
    I have given her a 650ma ego battery with charger (I charged the battery first!) and 2 tanks with some liquid.
    I gave her a CE4/5 tank and a mini pro tank 2. I filled both up for her and said when she starts to run low or when I am there I will refill/clean them for her.
    I showed her how to charge the battery and how to turn it on and off and how to vape.
    So, it's all down to my mum now!
    She will have a play with it in her own time to get used to it but she did look a little pleased/excited I turned up with some vape gear
    That's awesome! Congratulations for both you and her. The Ce's can be a bit tricky, and if she has a rebuildable 4+/5, she could accidentally loosen the tube and get leaks. I have found top loaders, like the 2ml mini vivi, are a little easier to fill and a good vape. A little harder to loosen tube. If she ever does any acidic flavors like cinnamon's, banana, or apple, of course she can use the miniII. Hope she does well!!My

My unit: ego 900mah with mini evod 1.8ohm. Vape on!!!
    Last edited by mikejeater; 03-28-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Nascent Vaping Writer Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    The absolute EASIEST and one of the best performing eGo clearos that I've found is the Kanger T2 clearo.

Notice how the coil stem extends above the top of the tank? That makes it impossible to accidentally pour liquid down the center tube. Just unscrew the tip, tilt the clearo a little, and pour the liquid directly on the stem and it will flow right into the tank without spilling a drop.

The clearos NEVER leak, never gurgle, and never spit raw liquid, even if you are using the eGo while lying on your back, holding it upside-down. A single coil can last 2 or more months with basic cleaning. The coils are easy to unscrew and replace. Flavor is quite good and it produces a lot of vapor, especially for it's size. Holds 2.4ml of liquid so it will last most of, if not all day without needing a refill.

The ONLY problem I've ever had with them is sometimes when you unscrew the drip tip it loosens the coil. Just give the coil a little twist to make sure it's tight before putting the drip tip back on. Other than that, it's the easiest, most trouble free clearo I've ever had.
    As a user of a Halo Triton, the tank of which is just a rebranded Kanger T2 (completely identical in fact, from what I can tell), I agree with every word that Completely Average wrote.

One thing, though - I notice you (smurfdude) got standard eGo batts for your mom instead of a VV. I think that's the best idea. Before I got my Triton VV battery, I found the stock 2.3Ω coil in the Triton tanks and the standard (non-VV) Triton batteries gave me quite acceptable vapes, at least for the flavors I've used with them so far. It gives you an average of 6 watts of power and 1.6amps of current. The standard batteries aren't regulated, of course, so it varies from about 4.2v on a full charge to about 3.4v when it needs recharging. But even with that amount of variance, it still worked very well for me overall.

It'd be one less thing for her to have to deal with. I have some very non-techie people in my family, too - some of which also have arthritis - and I've found that the less they have to mess with when using anything mechanical or electrical, the better.

Anyway, great choices on the hardware, smurfdude. You've done a great thing for your mother, getting her off of analogs and into vaping. I hope she stays with it!
    Check out my "ECF Trilogy" of vaping-related short stories:
    Vol 1: Hell Hath No Fury, Vol 2: The Post Office, Vol 3: The Great Vapor War (in development)

And fight for your right to vape by joining CASAA today!

Super Member ECF Veteran poconojo's Avatar

I tried for years to get my mom to stop smoking. I had to get her the l88 batteries with charging case because she wanted the feel of a cigarette. She at least uses the device sometimes which cuts down on her smoking habit. That was the best I could do. She did not like the bigger batteries or the mods. She is 80 and the she is very healthy according to the doctors.
    CKCalmer likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Personally I typically recommended people start off super easy, there's such a learning curve with so many things it would be easy for newby to get discouraged and go back to smoking. I would suggest a basic ego kit with an atomizer and some cartridges. Once the cartridges get low pull it off and refill.
    CKCalmer likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

Or like others said a cleormizer....maybe even the iclearo 30s, super super easy

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm a millwright and use my hands often in my trade, I'm no wussy by any means, however there is always a time when I need assistance opening one of my tanks, so I bought a flat piece of rubber that's perforated made just for the purpose of opening stubborn bottles, jars etc.

I'm sure they are in most grocery stores, wall mart, ASDA etc. they've saved me several headaches. Sorry I don't have a pic or link handy.

this was suggested in another thread awhile back, sure glad I picked one up.

Best of luck......
    glointhedark likes this.

Vapeing for Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by smurfdude View Post
    Think I will add this to my next fasttech order
    Doh! fasttech are sold out lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast