Something I didn't expect has posed a possible problem - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Something I didn't expect has posed a possible problem

Quote Originally Posted by Talyon View Post
    I'm a millwright and use my hands often in my trade, I'm no wussy by any means, however there is always a time when I need assistance opening one of my tanks, so I bought a flat piece of rubber that's perforated made just for the purpose of opening stubborn bottles, jars etc.

I'm sure they are in most grocery stores, wall mart, ASDA etc. they've saved me several headaches. Sorry I don't have a pic or link handy.

this was suggested in another thread awhile back, sure glad I picked one up.

Best of luck......
    I had this problem too.
    I was looking around to see what I could use and saw the egg poaching ring made of silicone that you crack the eggs in to in the frying pan to keep them a small round shape.
    Gripped the tank like a dream and opened it easily

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I cant advice you, but it sure is great news that your mum decided to vape!
    "A Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with a Single step"

Ultra Member Verified Member DEAc23's Avatar

Congrats on getting your mother interested and set-up!

My mom is the one who got me interested in trying e-cigs, so I tried one out and I haven't had an analog since my first vape

-Total spent on vaping: $793.99 ~~ Amount saved by quitting: Over $1,530.-
    -------My Devices: iTaste SVD+Protank 2 & iTaste MVP 2+Mini Protank 2-------

Full Member ECF Veteran telegraph's Avatar

Another suggestion: get her an EVOD kit - comes with 2 clearos, 2 650mah batteries, a charger and 5 replacement coils ml . This kit can be goten at mtbakervapor with a free 15 ml botle of juice of her choice, all fo $39.95.
    Get her a few more Evod clearomizers of different colors ($4.95 at mtbakervapor). That way she can track of which liquid is in each clearo.
    Visit you mom at least once a week, if feasable, so you can help her with refilling, cleaning and fix any problems that may arise.
    Best of luck to you and your mom!

My wife was having the same problem opening her tanks... One time I was at work she took a tire off one of our sons toy cars. Now that tire sits in our Vape draw..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Nermal's Avatar

So far as the battery goes, you might keep her away from the Twist and go with the Vision Spinner. It's a larger diameter, has easier to read markings, and is easier to change voltage.

Disclaimer: I've never used a Spinner, but I've heard a lot about them on ECF.
    How can you possibly respect a person who can only think of one way to spell a word? - Andrew Jackson (paraphrased)

The main thing I would stay away from are clearos with "windows" like the EVODs and all the others along those same lines. They're really pretty on but just so difficult to see the juice level. I much prefer the ones I have where the juice receptacle is uncovered all the way around and clear. They make smokey ones you can see all the way around but those are a bit hard to see too because of the color.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchfry1942 View Post
    For my "Mum", I would do it all for her. And, sit in the evening with her for a together vape.

+1 here! You only have so much time with her so make the best of it while you can! You have an opportunity that most of us don't have. Make the most of it! She spent so much time of her life for you, so paying it back now would be such a joy for both of you and allow for more meaningful memories!
    CKCalmer likes this.
    The difference between a wise man and a fool is the wise man learns from the mistakes of others!

I went round today and things were not good!
    The brand new mini pro tank 2 has been leaking!! I took it apart again, cleaned it all out and dried it. Put it back together filled it again and its gurgling badly
    I have 2 of the mini pro tank 2's myself and have never had that problem!
    Still the CE4 was there for her and I have told her to use that for the time being.
    It's mothers day in the morning so I will be round there again so fingers crossed......

Nascent Vaping Writer Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about the Mini PT2 troubles. It was a good idea on your part to provide her with a different model of clearo. Diversification saves the day!

I hope you get her settled into vaping without any showstoppers popping up.
    Check out my "ECF Trilogy" of vaping-related short stories:
    Vol 1: Hell Hath No Fury, Vol 2: The Post Office, Vol 3: The Great Vapor War (in development)

And fight for your right to vape by joining CASAA today!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast