TUTORIAL: heat coloring your mods - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: TUTORIAL: heat coloring your mods

Super Member Verified Member RichRod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glasseye View Post
    I did a cheap $20 JM mod from fasttech with my torch. Surprisingly easy and fast!
    [IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1620/1158394/4635451/408856945.jpg[IMG]

That chart is exactly what happened, on the right, bottom to top. I kept the heat going on the top of the 18650 tube to get that pretty light blue.
    Thanks for posting yours, looks great! and thats what im saying its really an easy process! honestly my lock ring is smoother now it doesnt get stuck as easy when fully spun, so another +

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck55 View Post
    Very nice! Now I have something to do this weekend lol. I wonder if the little hand torch I have will work.

Read that my little hand torch goes up to 2400 degrees. Should work just fine.
    thanks! honestly it might be easier with the smaller torch. mine has 3 blue tips coming out of the nozzle and im assuming yours would have 1. making it easier to really fine tune the colors you want. good luck and post when its done!

Quote Originally Posted by RichRod View Post
    Thanks for posting yours, looks great! and thats what im saying its really an easy process! honestly my lock ring is smoother now it doesnt get stuck as easy when fully spun, so another +

thanks! honestly it might be easier with the smaller torch. mine has 3 blue tips coming out of the nozzle and im assuming yours would have 1. making it easier to really fine tune the colors you want. good luck and post when its done!
    Will do thanks!

Those look really nice Rich and Glass unfortunately I have no bare steel mods.
    "Any Nation that gives up a little liberty to gain a little security will get and deserve neither."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hill View Post
    Those look really nice Rich and Glass unfortunately I have no bare steel mods.
    thanks! i keep looking at my nemi thinking i bought a new one haha, maybe its time you get one? :P

Ya my torch def didn't work. I used a clothes hanger too but it burnt off on the inside of my nemmy

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That looks awesome man!

Full Member Verified Member

Nice job man

I am definitely going to try heat treating my Magneto tonight. The stainless steal looks cool but some color will definitely give it some character.
    RichRod likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harley23 View Post
    I am definitely going to try heat treating my Magneto tonight. The stainless steal looks cool but some color will definitely give it some character.
    thats how i felt, post pictures when its done!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck55 View Post
    Ya my torch def didn't work. I used a clothes hanger too but it burnt off on the inside of my nemmy
    ut oh, was there a coating on the hanger? thats a good point to burn the hanger before using it. hopefully it didnt ruin it!

Neurotic One Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Nice looking gear Will try it when I get my Nemesis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast