Glass Tank Recommendations - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Glass Tank Recommendations

oops, sorry i just realized that's the miniprotank.. i read that wrong. i am looking for something the same size as my protank2/aerotank or larger. i think im definitely gonna look at the Nautilus, ive heard nothing but good things.
    Last edited by shurpacabra; 04-13-2014 at 04:02 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shurpacabra View Post
    yeah that reminds me a lot of the protank actually, except for that one piece which i assume is the metal jacket protector you mentioned
    the miniprotank2 doesn't have a protective jacket but it is completely dissassembleable for propercleaning and you can get replacement glass tubes (in different colors too); the smoktech aro is the one which comes with the metal protective jacket; there is also a glass evod which has the metal jacket.

the piece I think you refer to wold be the 5th piece in the picture? thats the eGo base; that's very important; it is why I recommend the miniprotank2 and not the protank2. The eGo base screws onto the eGo thread; the protanks, like most other common tanks, use the 510 thread which is much smaller, and that interace is resposible for a lot of problems users get with tanks. Inside that smaller space you have to do some
    - physical mechanics holding the tank down
    - electrical requirements (alot of users end up with center pin problems)
    - airflow problems (the new airflow bases for the nautilus and aerotank help with that).

That 510 interface suits cigalikes/cartomizers very well and that's what it's really designed for; but for clearos the eGo thread is superior.

eGo base.

Protank2: note the 510 thread base at the bottom of the tank.

Super Member Supporting Member Taowulf's Avatar

I feel like a broken record when it comes to the minis.

Btw, the O-ring on top is not loosely attached to the top of the glass like the Mini PT2, so it is a littttttle easier to clean up without accidentally messing up the top O-ring. Don't get me wrong, I like the Mini PT2, it is just the Mini PT3 is better.
    Last edited by Taowulf; 04-13-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    It is doubtful that anyone would go from using e-cigarettes first to smoking later; that is like drinking 100-year-old brandy and deciding you would probably like warm Steel Reserve better.- metamorpheus

I use a nautilus all the time - its a great system, and if you rebuild, as good or better rebuilt as a single coil. Plus I really have put it to the test as far as dropping the thing goes. Even dropped out of a truck seat a few feet to the driveway twice. Maybe lucky, but it has taken a few really good thumps and hasn't busted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fuller View Post
    I have both the PT3 and the Aspire BDC. Both glass and both dual coil. Like the Aspire love the PT3. Dual coil seem to like blends that are more VG than pg. Thicker fluids do well on duals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Aspire BDC,at least the one i have which is the mini, is plastic..It felt like glass until i pulled the bottom off and seen that the tank threads were not..
    I know the Nautilus is glass from pulling it apart..

Now if they have a bigger Aspire BDC and that is the one you are referring to,then i'm gonna have to check it out for sure..

I've had my eye on the youde agr+ carto tank for a while now. I've just not had the cash when the places that have free shipping on it have it in stock. I've read nothing but praise on it, and it's far less expensive than a lot of the pyrex carto tanks I've seen.

Super Member* Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by CassiusCloud View Post

Now if they have a bigger Aspire BDC and that is the one you are referring to,then i'm gonna have to check it out for sure..
    The Aspire BDC I have is really close to same size as the PT3 Kanger. I am new to vaping so not sure about capacity in ml. Also it is Pyrex with a metal protective covering. Cost was about 5 less than the PT3. The PT3 is quickly becoming my fav. Just a tip on dual coils, more voltage needed. I have read on here people getting muted flavors with the Aspire BDC, so was I till I turned the dual a few notches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so the ego base just screws on where the beauty ring normally would for the PT2?

Quote Originally Posted by shurpacabra View Post
    hello ecf, and happy vaping.

I currently have a ProTank II and an AeroTank in my rotation, but would like to add to the collection in the near future. I am aware of the Aspire Nautilus tank (at a whopping 5ml if im not mistaken), but am not sure about many others. Ive heard mention of Phiniac and SmokTech but haven't really looked into them or heard much in detail. What pyrex tanks do you guys have experience with, and what do you recommend? Thanks and vape on!
    Aerotank Mega recently introduced. Food-grade SS and Pyrex Glass tank.

Full Member Verified Member

All my active tanks are KPT2. Only one has the airflow adapter which i will fix on my next order. Very happy with these tanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast