Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

King of the Clouds Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zamazam View Post
    It happened to me this morning. The asswipe accused me of doing drugs, even made me do a sobriety test. Never did drugs, even when I was younger (I'm 52). After the crap that ..... put me through, I made the decision to file a complaint. Vaping isn't illegal, but the cops behavior was in they greyzone as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else had to deal with crap like this?
    Crappy situation, In Chicago you will be surprised what a cool looking mod the crackheads are using. I guess he is just doing his job?? I hope they pull me over for vaping they will find an FNH FiveSeven lingering with a 20 round magizine in my console...Ha
    "Don't drip and drive!"-Cloud Junky

Wow, was searching through the forum and stumbled upon this. This is crazy, I don't drive but I can imagine that e-cigs are less distracting that smoking a cigarette whilst driving as you don't have to light it up and you don't have to flick away your ash.
    jjordan likes this.

We have state, county and local police stations all right by the vape shop in town square..
    They are pretty aware of what vaping is since the owner is pretty well known..
    I've been waving to the cops here for years because they know my jeep..
    Still wave to them when i'm vaping,so i don't think it's really a problem here..

it's kind of a small town,and a lot of people are making the switch over..

my son was at a party this weekend and he said ,dad everyone but one guy was vaping..
    The one guy smoking used to vape..he said when he would have a smoke ,he would step outside saying,i know the routine,be back in a minute.lol

anyways,i think the cops here have been seeing more vaping to know it's probably someone vaping rather than smoking pot or whatever right in front of them hehehe

I worry about this a lot living in NYC. The cops here are always looking for ways to give you tickets. Ohh well, we'll see what happens, if it happens.

Account closed on request

Quote Originally Posted by burnnoticefanny View Post
    Happened here in Upstate NY. Cop thought the guy was using a cell phone. Cell phone use will driving is a heavy fine with points. The guy fought it in court and was found guilty of using an electronic device while driving, even though the cop and judge admit that it was the PV that he was using.
    ~_~ smfh..

I have no respect for the pig that wears his badge as a crown! There are plenty of decent officers out there, but there's also those few idiots that have found a way to continue their high school bullying days, as police officers.

Oh, I hope I get pulled over for that. Please, please, please. The officer in question better mind his manners though. I have held a license for 35 years without so much as a speeding ticket, I don't drink, and I don't use drugs. Make my day. I am respectful and I generally support the police, but sometimes they need to be reminded of exactly what their function in a community is.

I bet that's the same attitude the guy in upstate NY had...
    THeElemental likes this.

Not cool man. That sounds illegal for them to do.

I'd fight it personally. I'd do everything I could to see that cop lose his job.

Thankfully, the electronic device thing here only accounts for communication devices. And not only that, you have to be either 16-18 years old or younger, or have an instruction permit/restricted license for it to be illegal. All fully licensed adults can use electronic devices/cellphones. Texting while driving is the only thing that is illegal here
    Last edited by PrimeKB; 04-20-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Herper Chick Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Most of the officers in my town are vaping now since they can't smoke in their patrol cars. I vape with them beside me at a stop light. No problems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk.
    Robin - aka Herper Chick

Banner by DoogieTony

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast