Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

Senior Member Verified Member

I guess I'm lucky. I live in a small South Georgia county. One of the Sheriff's radio operators asked me to help get her first set up. Since doing so I've also helped 2 of the patrol officers start too. One is already into building his own box mods. The more law enforcement officers that start vaping the better it will be.
    CassiusCloud likes this.

PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Never got pulled over for vaping, sounds extreme to me. Last time I was pulled over was on my motorcycle, and he let me off easy and only wrote up for 16mph over to 70 limit. But that was when he was able to catch up to clock me on my Warrior, and had slowed down considerably after doing a hole shot onto the freeway. But no, never for vaping.
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    Spot, I am not a Tree!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is going to be a problem more and more so in the future because of the growing popularity of vape pens for {OTHER STUFF}. Cops are well aware these things are out there and are being used everywhere now. I never heard of {OTHER STUFF} pens until last year when a friend turned me on to one last year. People do this a lot more on the west coast where [MODERATED] is more available but its now made its way east. I work on a college campus in NJ and I own one of these pens and its like owning a new car, when you get one you start to notice others with it.. I see students hitting the pen all the time. To most people they think its a ecig. Just careful cause we now will be getting looked at more and more.
    Last edited by sonicdsl; 04-21-2014 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Dug talk not allowed on ECF. Thank you! :)
    & 2 Infernos, VAMO, iTaste MVP!!

Yes!! I got stopped by a state trooper when he saw me taking a vape off my hammer mod. I wasn't that surprised though because the mod does look like a pipe especially from a distance. When I showed him the hammer I found out that he too was a vaper. After that he was really cool we got to talking about the different mods we had. But he did say that he thought I was puffing on a "pot pipe" so he said don't be surprised if it happens again. Nice cop though. Nice cops are a rare breed these days.

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RichRod View Post
    i have not but i often think about it when vaping and driving, theres a case in upstate new york that a driver was accused of being on his cellphone but turns out it was a vape, cop still wrote the man a ticket and i believe its in appeals court as of now. if anyone could link the story thatd be great!

found it!
    New York Man Earns Traffic Ticket for Vaping Behind the Wheel - ChurnMag
    you have got to be kidding.... so I guess using a flashlight is a ticket offence too ???
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Ultra Member Verified Member Burn_notice_fan_NY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnykiller View Post
    you have got to be kidding.... so I guess using a flashlight is a ticket offence too ???
    ... Who uses a flashlight while driving????
    leerm8680 and jjordan like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burnnoticefanny View Post
    ... Who uses a flashlight while driving????
    Rinky-dink home security outfits. A house down the street had a service a few years back with a guy driving around in a white Geo Metro flashing his light at the address numbers to be sure he found the right one. The company's logo was proudly printed on the door.

Last week. I was in Chicago during Vape Bash. (Sadly I did not attend.) I had just left Vape, a B&M on western ave. Using a mec, loving the new juice when..... One of the city's "finest" pulled a u turn to site me for DWI & possession. Unfortunately for him the search yielded no contraband. He proceeded to tell me I should just use one that's looks lie a cigarette when out in public. "Save the other paraphernalia for home use." I kindly reminded him it was as yet a free country, and I may do as I please. This really got him going. I forget that I live in a police state sometimes.
    I find all this extremely funny. I drive a semi all over the city every night. I bring my Vamo with a kayfun 3.1 on top. It's like 10" long! I've never been looked at twice. Perhaps he doesn't know the difference between a head shop & a vape store.

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Reminder of why we don't allow drug talk on ECF: Why we don't allow drug talk

Please read.

Thank you.
    leerm8680 likes this.
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~The Robinator~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

I think it is extremely rare as the vast majority of police know about and understand what vaping is and is not. I interact with police and deputies regularly and the only thing they ask me is where they can get what I am vaping with.

But there are "storm-trooper" cops like the one you encountered, unfortunately. I'm glad you reported him. Let us know if anything comes out of your reporting him although I highly doubt anything will. They always protect their own.
    Last edited by wv2win; 04-21-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast