Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

Quote Originally Posted by Plez View Post
    Last week. I was in Chicago during Vape Bash. (Sadly I did not attend.) I had just left Vape, a B&M on western ave. Using a mec, loving the new juice when..... One of the city's "finest" pulled a u turn to site me for DWI & possession. Unfortunately for him the search yielded no contraband. He proceeded to tell me I should just use one that's looks lie a cigarette when out in public. "Save the other paraphernalia for home use." I kindly reminded him it was as yet a free country, and I may do as I please. This really got him going. I forget that I live in a police state sometimes.
    I find all this extremely funny. I drive a semi all over the city every night. I bring my Vamo with a kayfun 3.1 on top. It's like 10" long! I've never been looked at twice. Perhaps he doesn't know the difference between a head shop & a vape store.
    Oh ChiTown,still the same hehehe

the cops are hard and the thieves are harder..
    I remember one night on the south side,we were putting in a steamer..
    It was like 30 below not counting the wind chill..
    we figured it would be ok to leave the tools we didn't need in the back of the truck..

we went out about two hours later because we needed a couple more wrenches..

you couldn't have detailed the back of that truck any cleaner than those guy did..
    -30 and nasty blowing wind,you still have to lock your stuff up in Chitown LOL

Super Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I've been too afraid to vape in town due to the cops thinking I am doing drugs, but on the open highway it's a whole different story, I will vape away until I reach my destination which when I usually go out of town its to my B&M to buy my three fav ADVs. Maybe I will get over my fear of vaping here in town while driving around since I live in a town of 4,000 and vaping is just now hitting the local tobacco store so the cops have got to know what a PV is by now! But still really leery...and suffer from withdraws since my fear is so great! Help me get over my fear someone please!!!

Moved On

Default Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

I'm a cop and if I pull you over for another reason and you're vaping, I will probably have a long discussion with you about what mods we are using

We have at least one on each shift here that vapes and other local departments have several vapers also.

I pulled up next to one recently at a red light and blew a huge cloud out, he smiled and blew an even bigger cloud.

The no tobacco policies are making it a lot more common down here
    wv2win, Burnie, donesmokin and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    I've been too afraid to vape in town due to the cops thinking I am doing drugs, but on the open highway it's a whole different story, I will vape away until I reach my destination which when I usually go out of town its to my B&M to buy my three fav ADVs. Maybe I will get over my fear of vaping here in town while driving around since I live in a town of 4,000 and vaping is just now hitting the local tobacco store so the cops have got to know what a PV is by now! But still really leery...and suffer from withdraws since my fear is so great! Help me get over my fear someone please!!!
    Look at as if you know in your heart your not doing anything wrong its just said how cops make up there own laws as they see fit if there is no specific laws banning vaping will driving the cops need to be man enough to say oh my bad it seemed to me there was something else here but I see its a perfectly legal Vape so have a nice day
    We all know this was wishful thinking there may be a few real men in law enforcement but its like hitting the lotto to find one most are so stuck up they'll never admit they are human and just made a mistake good luck and don't let the police have you living in fear they can't get that much respect from me he's a human and just like me we both gotta see god one day so till then I'll respect a cop that respect me if not his badge and title I could care less about foreal

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It is the attitude people have towards police that can turn an ordinary situation into a ticket or arrest...
    leerm8680 and chunkystan like this.

Senior Member Verified Member Yankez's Avatar

All the paranoia about the police and vaping has me amused

People..you are doing nothing wrong. If you happen to get pulled over, just explain vaping to the officer...if he/she doesn't already know what it is.

You will not be taken to jail...or the gas chamber.

I live around the corner from a police station and I drive by it daily...vaping away. If I pull up beside a cop at a red light...I vape on!!

Don't hide it. So what if you get pulled over. Explain the situation, cooperate and when the officer realizes you are not the anti-christ...move on and enjoy your day

wv2win, Burnie, donesmokin and 3 others like this.

I always get weird looks from people when I'm using my VTR in public

Quote Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post
    It is the attitude people have towards police that can turn an ordinary situation into a ticket or arrest...
    Its the people who act like the police has a right to treat you any kind of way and you act like because he's a police he's some kinda god and not human is why they treat people the way they do I'm an African American who has had his share of racist rights violating cops and if I try to be level and they insist on being a .... then we all turn into [MODERATED] but if he calls me sir I'll be more then happy to call him sir but if he calls me a thug then he's a pig that's just the way it goes

Last edited by Robino1; 04-21-2014 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Plural form of the automatically censored word.

Quote Originally Posted by ddloco View Post
    Its the people who act like the police has a right to treat you any kind of way and you act like because he's a police he's some kinda god and not human is why they treat people the way they do I'm an African American who has had his share of racist rights violating cops and if I try to be level and they insist on being a .... then we all turn into ..... but if he calls me sir I'll be more then happy to call him sir but if he calls me a thug then he's a pig that's just the way it goes

I'm shocked one with your attitude has had issues with police...
    Yankez likes this.

Hey Everyone, new to forum and I had to laugh when I saw this thread. I have been pulled over twice now because of vaping and the cops each thought I was smoking something else. Ha! It was very weird having to explain and have them look over everything with a fine tooth comb. One was cool about it and the other one still acted if I was doing something shady. I KNOW there have to be a lot of vapers in my area and yet I never see anyone vaping in public, or in their cars. The stores that I go to locally are always packed with people buying stuff, but it seems to me that everyone is not yet comfortable vaping out in public.