Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

I got pulled over about two weeks ago for Vaping While Driving, but for a slightly different reason than most have mentioned. I got pulled over because I had my mod in my left hand resting on the steering wheel, while I was shifting with my right hand. When I stopped and the officer came up to my window, his statement was "I saw everything on the steering wheel except your hands". Didn't receive a ticket, but did remind me that hands need to be on the wheel.

Default The location

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
    Zamazam
    Where did this occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerborn, MI

Default The location

Quote Originally Posted by Ipster View Post
    Zamazam
    Where did this occur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dearborn, MI

Never pulled over but have got the double look.

I was once pulled over for vaping, someone on the highway saw my evic and apparently thought it was a laser pointer. They called the police and I was pulled over just after leaving the turnpike. The person went so far as to follow me till I was pulled over. 6 cops and a lot of questions later I was back on my way. On top of that I ran into one of the cops in my local B&M. Apparently two of them had been in since they pulled me over and told the owner of the shop, whom I'm friendly with my story lol. I was there when one came in with his wife to get her on an ecig lol. They didn't think it was drugs for more than a second or two and believed me when I told them what it was.

Didn't get pulled over but did have a sheriff walk up to my truck when he saw me vaping in a Lowe's parking lot.
    Co-worker was in the store and I was sitting there waiting for him when the sheriff walked up and taped on the window.
    I thought I was about to get the third degree but he pulled his evod out of his pocket and asked if I happened to have any juice.
    He had ran out and all the B&Ms were closed.
    I filled his tank for him and he offered to pay for it but I didn't take it.
    The look on my buddies face when he saw a sheriff at my truck puffing away and talking to me was priceless!
    donesmokin likes this.

Moved On

I've been hearing a lot of stories of people getting pulled over, so i've been vaping more and more to see if I'd get pulled over

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Lately when I'm out in public or driving I feel like I have to explain myself to everybody. Vaping gets a lot of bad press. I think it's mostly the tobacco companies that twist the truth to keep their sales up. Most people would do the same if their jobs were on the line, so why should big tobacco be any different.

Default Vaping while driving

There are no laws that I am aware of that prohibit vaping while driving. Any agency that writes a citation for using an electronic vaping device (dripping excluded) while driving is mis-interpreting the law and the intent of the law. Officers who pull vaping drivers over, are probably simply ignorant of what it is.
    I recently, while stopped at a light, noted the officer in the police car next to me apparently smoking. When I saw the red LED at the end of his cig, I held up my Vamo and smiled, to which he gave a thumbs up. Not all officers are ignorant of vaping.
    Last edited by DonMac; 04-22-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: edit

I haven't yet, but I've always imagined cops would be thinking I'm hitting a pipe from the corner of their eyes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast