Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

Default Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

It happened to me this morning. The asswipe accused me of doing drugs, even made me do a sobriety test. Never did drugs, even when I was younger (I'm 52). After the crap that ..... put me through, I made the decision to file a complaint. Vaping isn't illegal, but the cops behavior was in they greyzone as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else had to deal with crap like this?
    kathi17 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member Necrotic's Avatar

Wow.... That's all I can say....

Super Member Verified Member RichRod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have not but i often think about it when vaping and driving, theres a case in upstate new york that a driver was accused of being on his cellphone but turns out it was a vape, cop still wrote the man a ticket and i believe its in appeals court as of now. if anyone could link the story thatd be great!

found it!
    New York Man Earns Traffic Ticket for Vaping Behind the Wheel - ChurnMag
    MODS: Nemesis clone 'torched' - Atomo clone - Origin clone - GP PAPS clone - Vamo V5 - Hana V3 clone

Ultra Member Verified Member Burn_notice_fan_NY's Avatar

Happened here in Upstate NY. Cop thought the guy was using a cell phone. Cell phone use will driving is a heavy fine with points. The guy fought it in court and was found guilty of using an electronic device while driving, even though the cop and judge admit that it was the PV that he was using.

I've always been afraid of it happening. Technically, you are not allowed to be using any electronic device unless it is hands-free in CA. Soooo..... I'm always worried about that one cop who hates the world.

Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States

There was a story about this on Vapeteam live not exact on the episode. May have been April 2nd. You can probably find it on youtube

Many mods look like they could be used for something else. If I see a cop in the area, I don't vape. If I were to get pulled over for using my mod in the car, I would understand and be polite, not blow things out of proportion...
    Kr3wsk8er likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have been twice. I only take Ego-style PVs out with me, so it was pretty painless both times explaining what it was. Beyond that I've gotten plenty of long funny looks from LEOs trying to figure out what I had.

I don't get upset about it. The "other" use of vaporizers has become much more common in the last few years, and someone who doesn't have experience with them would have a hard time telling the devices apart. I may lose 10 minutes out of my day, but the LEOs are just doing their job.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A patrol officer starred at me once, because my MVP like an old school Zach Morris Phone from 80s with Taifun GS antenna attached...then I took a vape and he look away..
    1/2 fast, JoyFL and Niptweek like this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast