Would you go the extra $ and get a ProVari ???
Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1253Likes

Thread: Would you go the extra $ and get a ProVari ???

Full Member Verified Member Zphinx's Avatar

Default Would you go the extra $ and get a ProVari ???

Hi everybody,

I am running a kayfun 3.1 with a Sigelei V.3 right now, a co-worker has a ProVari mini and the regular one. I see the feedback and all that, but is it really worth the triple amount of $$$?

Hit me with some feedback and let me know what you think please.

Thanks in advance also from ProVari owners.

I went the extra dollars and got 2. First the fullsize. I liked it so much that I got the mini for going out and work. My work setup is the mini and a kfl v2 plus. My ProVari's haved outlasted 3 other mods, 2 vamos and an itast svd, all of which are dead. Neither of the ProVaris have an end in site, as they both operate just like the first day I had them. My full size is about a year old, and the mini is about 6 months.
    zapped, Baditude, clypto and 4 others like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Would you go the extra $ and get a ProVari ???
    Being as I already did, I guess I would have to say yes. Two years ago, and it still looks & works like new.

Let's see. The ProVari are around $180. You can get a Vamo v5 for $35. So, I can murder off 4 Vamos and still have one working before I get to the cost of the ProVari. Furthermore, the Vamo does variable wattage. The ProVari is just variable voltage. We've seen a ton of variable wattage APVs come out in the last year. ProVari's answer? New color schemes. This year, the DNA20s and DNA30s have been released. Meanwhile, ProVari had released new colors. Technology everywhere else had been marching along nicely - Except with the ProVari.
    glassgal, MikeMills and Drauder like this.

Senior Member Supporting Member JaRod's Avatar

short answer....no
    Fergie likes this.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I rater have one of these with lot more power and is 1/4 of the price of the provari.
    $52.00 HANA MODZ Pack DNA 20 Style Mod - 1*18650 / 7W-20W at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well, I never bought a Provari. But I did buy a Reo which is comparable in price & it's definitely worth the $$. If you want a good vv device that will last you for years then it might be a good buy for you. It's true that you can get other devices for much less $$ and some of those have features that the Provari does not have. But it really all depends on what you value in your device.
    DetraMental and Glenn_K like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I really recommend trying to get a dna30 of some kind if you want a regulated mod. Pref the hana mods v3 but good luck since everyone wants them. While provari are trust worthy and dependable.....they are lacking in technology. They keep releasing and only releasing new colors, they have nothing new inside the tube.

I sold off my provari once i got into mechs / rebuildables because I just couldnt see why I paid 200$ for it when for 25$ off fasttech you can have a setup that last forever with no electronics to go kaput on you as long as you are handy with a multimeter and understand batteries. Not to mention, with the provari you are limited to what you can do with it. With mechs there is no limit, other than what your battery is capable of.

Account closed on request

Quote Originally Posted by JaRod View Post
    short answer....yes
    Fixed that for ya..

Full Member Verified Member

^x2^ Mech mods .... I have a nem clone from hcigar and it has shown to be very effective although it could use a little upgrading on the firing switch but it performs wonderfully. Like with my truck, I got it with manual windows, door locks, and switched out the electric 4x4 for the manual lever. Mechanical things have their advantages. You can always kick also which is basically the same thing as a regulated mod, and when the kick dies your mod is still working.

Page 1 of 62 123451151 ... LastLast