Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Are mod and batteries the same thing?

Default Are mod and batteries the same thing?

I guess I am asking what they are exactly in refrence to be the same or if their? Also I am trying to step my game up I have a basic ego battery and a smoov Rev, should I get an Itaste V3 or a Vamo?

Super Member Verified Member

The mod refers to the battery holder. This is either the tube or the box.

Battery refers to the rechargeable batteries inside the mod or the eGo style stick battery that most people get when starting out.
    RichRod likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey there! An ego would be considered a battery by most people. A mod is more or less a PV that requires a battery...like a Vamo or a device with a built in much larger battery...like the itaste. Hope this helps
    chellemmm likes this.

Ok so I haven't actually saved any money yet but everything else is accurate.
    Last TC 3/18/13

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If I may,
    Upgrade from basic ego batteries......

Good Spinner, twist. Better itaste vv v3, best Itaste mtv v2 or VAMO.

I would suggest Itaste mtv v2 which I like very much. I think it's better than VAMO.

Good luck
    Since 01/13. 3 EGOs Nemi VAMO MVP2 EVOD,CE5,MT4, R200,PT,Mini,M4 KFL.
    Best advice >"Get back up to your back up!"

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

Basically, like others stated, a Mod is a tube that you put batteries inside of. And you pull the batteries out and recharge them separately from the Mod. Something like an Ego is considered a battery because the battery isn't removable. The whole Ego ecig is a battery. Hope this helps!
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

PV Master ECF Veteran

The mods are bigger than the ego class of ecigs. They have rechargeable batteries that can be popped in when your charge is low. Does require a bit of extra expense up front for the batteries and charger but is much more inexpensive in the long run. You only replace the rechargeable battery not the whole device.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

No they are not ......although a few ill-informed know-it-alls would have you believe that if you listened to them on here.

Those saying a mod is just a battery or a battery holder have obviously never used a good one before.

My unofficial definition of a mod: any device where the main body and power source can be easily separated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are 3 types of mods.

Those with built in batteries, like your ego and the innokin MVP. The MVP is bigger, lasts longer, and allows you to vary the voltage or power (VV/VW) to adjust the vapor you get.

The next two take batteries, most commonly 18nnn (were 18 is the diameter, or circumfrence I never can remember, and nnn is the length usually 350 500 650 i.e. 18350) They are lithium ion and are rechargable and most rechargers will accept any of them. When the battery runs down take it out and replace it. You can cary spares around if you need more than one to make it through the day. Be careful cause if it is in your pocket and shorts out it can cause problems, they make little plastic cases.

Regulated mods, like the Vamo, have built in electronics. These serve to keep you from hurting yourself and change how the attomizer, the thing you put the juice in, works. The keep you safe by not allowing you to put a coil with too low an impedance, the battery might explode. They also stop when the battery is discharged, you could continue using the battery, see below, but that will damage the battery and it will not hold a charge as well so it hurts your wallet. They are also VV/VW so you can adjust the vapor.

Mechanical mods, like the Nemesis, are noting more than a tube to hold the battery with a switch. You can hurt yourself with these. Some think they look cooler, they do, and some people like to build their own atomizer coils with resistance under an Ohm, to blow huge clouds of vapor, regulated mods save you from doing this. You can also damage the battery by discharging it too far.

PV Master Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Not all mods, bats, devices are created equal. If going to upgrade, recommend checking everything out, see what will meet your vaping needs, expectations and goals, and go with quality. A twist wouldn't be much of an upgrade,

It depends on you, if looking to step up your game and maybe get into rba's down the road, then at the minimum would recommend a 15 watt capable regulated mod. Max that out, and you'll have some decent vape to experience. Then come back and see what next. lol

Knowing what's possible and where your interest lies will give you the best indicator of where you are headed.

Vape long and Prosper!!!

P.S.: the cat bites!
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    and the chinchilla too!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast