Quick Question about Vicious Ant SS Kraken v1.1 vs Kayfun 3.1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Quick Question about Vicious Ant SS Kraken v1.1 vs Kayfun 3.1

Super Member Verified Member catmomma's Avatar

I have a Kayfun Lite + and a brass Kraken, I will also include the Taifun GT since it's one of my favorite toppers. So, of the three I like my Taifun best. It is super easy to build and with a micro coil and cotton wick the flavor is great. My Kayfun for some reason seems a bit fussier and the flavor is not the best out of the three. I have a chimney coil wrapped with cotton wick on the Kayfun and it wicks nicely, blows good vapor but flavor could be better. The Kraken is a genesis style atty, so there is a learning curve for setting it up. I have a dual micro coil set up and I have wicked with cotton, which is good, but now I wick with XC-116 which is a ceramic wick that's pliable like silica and that is fantastic for flavor and much easier to build with. To be totally honest I got the Kraken in order to match a brass mod, but I'm loving the experience.

I have at present the 3.1 authentic and Russian authentic, clones I have the 3.1 ES, 3- KFL, 3- KFL+v2., 1- Kayfun Mini I
    I love every single one of them more then the Kraken, I do however have a love for the Kraken when blending flavors and shear beauty.
    Zphinx likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I second the notion of loads of research. I have a KFL v2 (second batch) and I love it to pieces, the flavor is tremendous and the no hassle no leaks functionality is a big winner with me (pocketable without worrying about juicy legs and hands). However I will be getting a kraken based of the research I have done that has said it lends itself to bigger clouds, for me I'm willing to sacrifice a little flavor for more vapor production.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever decision you come to. If you have local vape shops you may try going in and talking with some employee's, odds are with the popularity of these 2 atty's that you will find someone with personal experience with both atty's and you can ask them questions face to face, maybe even luck and get to try them both first hand.
    Zphinx likes this.

GP PAPS LUX v3, VS DNA30, Kayfuns, Krakens, and Tugboats!

Full Member Verified Member Zphinx's Avatar

So after a lot of research and consideration, user feedback and thinking, I brought a Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone by EHPro @ 101 Vape for $39.99

I had a Kayfun 3.1 and the taste is incredible I have heard that the Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone by EHPro is even better then the 3.1.

The Kraken will be on my wanted list just for the kicks down the road, maybe XMas or something like that.

PV Master ECF Veteran retic1959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zphinx View Post
    So after a lot of research and consideration, user feedback and thinking, I brought a Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone by EHPro @ 101 Vape for $39.99

I had a Kayfun 3.1 and the taste is incredible I have heard that the Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone by EHPro is even better then the 3.1.

The Kraken will be on my wanted list just for the kicks down the road, maybe XMas or something like that.
    All things considered , the chamber and chimney on the 3.1 and the KFL+ are one in the same , interchangeable , some of the EHPro KFL+ clones are coming with the airflow hole on the centerpost out of line restricting the airflow and requiring adjustment , be aware of this , the 3.1 is not prone to this due to the different centerpost design , but all things considered identical chamber and chimney with a identical build and airflow settings are unlikely to produce a different vape between the 3.1 and the Lite , the only other difference is the drip tip which is easily changed on either one , you basically bought the same lady in a slightly different dress !
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by retic1959 View Post
    All things considered , the chamber and chimney on the 3.1 and the KFL+ are one in the same , interchangeable , some of the EHPro KFL+ clones are coming with the airflow hole on the centerpost out of line restricting the airflow and requiring adjustment , be aware of this , the 3.1 is not prone to this due to the different centerpost design , but all things considered identical chamber and chimney with a identical build and airflow settings are unlikely to produce a different vape between the 3.1 and the Lite , the only other difference is the drip tip which is easily changed on either one , you basically bought the same lady in a slightly different dress !
    I guess I like the Kayfun better then the Kraken, and wasn't willing to deal with the leaking or mess. Also the clones I have researched are a little expensive and the feedback on those are not great. I don't like metalic wicks neither, the only thing that would interest me on the Kraken is the dual coil and the looks.... Now for looks and a dual coil and having to deal with the leaking mess of a top tripper I don't know if I don't know if I wanted to go through that.

Thanks on the honest feedback though

OK, so here is my review on the Lite+ vs the 3.1

the HCIGAR Kayfun 3.1 has a overflow tank which is nice. The contact point on the bottom of the device has a screw that can be adjusted to each and every MOD, which the Lite has but its just not screw that can be screwed out.

The Tank and modules on the Lite clone v.2 from Vapor101 is very hard to unscrew and or fill, which the 3.1 from HCIGAR Kayfun 3.1 is not.

The post on the lite is also slightly smaller and narrower which can cause mounting a coil onto it a little messy. Also the HCIGAR Kayfun 3.1 comes in a option with polished or mate, which the lite does not.

The Tank of the lite has to be filled from the bottom screw, which requires a special bottle or syringe, and the 3.1 does not you can easily fill from the top. The Lite due to the hard threats on the tank makes it a mess.

Also when unscrewing the top portion of the lite it has a tendency to unscrew the top portion of the chimney also... which can cause your coil to get messed up. This will not happen on the 3.1 after several month of use.

Well, there might be more, but that is just some of my observations on the 2 days old Lite vs the 3.1

Thanks guys and girls on all the feedback and advice.
    SteamHead likes this.

One more thing that I don't like after now several month of usage... the Lite + leaks quite often, which the 3.1 (I guess) also does but due to the little cup on the bottom is un-noticeable.

All in all and in my opinion the HCigar Kayfun 3.1 clone takes home the winner.

I have had multiple 3.1's and love them! I also used to have a kraken and it was beast! I feel I got better flavor out of the kraken. There is a wick called Ready-x wick. It is amazing! It wicks like a beast and is reusable. once you decide to rebuild it all you have to do is pull the ready-x out and torch it until its white again. the only down side to the kraken vs the kayfun is it is not as easily transported. I could thrown my kayfun in my backpack with a cheap mod when I was out on the motorcycle and didn't have to worry about a thing. Also 3.1's are nice if you work in the garage a lot because you don't have to worry about damaging or dirtying it being that its a clone vs an authentic. I do a lot of wrenching so I have a specific setup that I use when I am out in the shop.

If you are going for flavor, Kraken is the way to go IMO. If you are going for versatility and the ability to easily take it anywhere and not worry about it I say Kayfun.

So why not have both

Ultra Member Completely Average's Avatar

Just as an FYI here....

A really good way to try out the Kraken is to buy the Hcigar clone. It's a 1:1 clone and can be bought for about $30 which shouldn't break the bank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12