I just got my EHPro Kayfun Lite + and am very disapointed - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: I just got my EHPro Kayfun Lite + and am very disapointed

Senior Member ECF Veteran graybeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spazmelda View Post
    Hijack- I do not hold my finger over the air hole when I unscrew the fill screw, and I have never had any problems. Just my 2. I'm not saying it's wrong to suggest it, especially if he's having problems, but it's just never been something I've found to be necessary.

Btw, fasttech has replacement clear parts. I don't know the quality, but they are definitely inexpensive!
    The fast tech plastic tank sections work fine. They have both the full "m" tanks and the short middle sections in different colors. I have some of each type and they work very well.
    Spazmelda likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Maybe the tank cracked after you threw it up against the wall in disgust!
    Bunnykiller and Horn321 like this.

Ok guys, I am feeling realy dumb right now, and that I wasted time of yours. The problem was indeed my error. First of all I apologise for my writing style, I get that a lot, will try and work on that.

But the problem was that, when I got it, I took it a part and with a middle metal part or even with the middle plastic part, I could realy see that I had missed the chimneys top part, I forgot about it completely.

When I took it apart today, to rebuild it and examine, I decided to put the big plastic tank instead, and then I saw that I forgot about the chimney, it was just open, I feel like an idiot, because that is what made all the leaks. The air just got in from the mouthpiece to tank and there were never a vacuum seal.

About the crack on a middle plastic part, I cant find it anymore, I think maybe it was a hair or maybe a little scrach that in sun appeared as a crack.

Before buying I watched a lot of review videos and build videos, but I feel so idiotic right now, I am a total noob, but that okay. Things best learnt are from mistakes, I guess.

And thanks for the info on cracking, beacuse I thought that VG cracks the plastic, but now that I know that is a citrus or cinamon I know I will have to use metal pieces, because I ordered 80% VG Lime juice and 80% VG Mojito juice.

Two more questions though - do I need to thin 100%VG juice with something and Is it okay that the coil turns blue-ish when I dry burn it to make a micro coil instead of tourching it (just dont have a tourch, and the wire is what came in box, I already bought a Kanthal, just waiting for a deliver, I can't get it in Latvia).
    Baditude, DeadbeatJeff and Hijack like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've forgotten to put the chimney on before too. Lol. Back when I was using protanks I forgot to but the little grommet 'hat' on the stem more often than I actually remembered to do it.

Glad you got it figured out!

oh, as for your other questions... You can thin 100% VG with some distilled water or even clear alcohol.

The way you are torching the coils sounds fine. You can also use your PV to 'torch' them. Put the coil on the Kayfun base and screw that on the PV. Briefly pulse the voltage till the coils glow, then use tweezers or something to scrunch up the coils. Doing that a few times works about as well as using a torch, IMO.
    Last edited by Spazmelda; 05-24-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    DeadbeatJeff and Horn321 like this.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

Good to hear that I am not the only one
    Thanks for the thinning advice,
    And I am torching just like that, but the coild stays in blue-ish/purple color, just wanted to check if that is okay

Blog Entries

Glad to hear the OP got things straightened out. I suspected that there was some user error involved.

PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I will not buy a tank unless it comes in full metal jacket version. How can I tell when it needs filling? The vape tells me, a subtle warning will be given when on it's last dregs, that vape tends to dry a tad. Plus, knowing how much one uses daily, know pretty much when it should be close to empty, and pay more attention to minute changes in my vape.

Have the Russian, still use it, but usually at 30 watts with a dna. It is easy to flood it by simply not knowing. The full size Russian has a valve fill, which I don't like, so always fill it from the top. Only time one must be careful and realize the wick is now super saturated and needs to be vaped down right away. If I happen to be at 22 or so, I'll crank it to 30 to power vape it and balance out the pressure differential. Once enjoying a good tuning vape, it's totally trouble free.

I prefer full metal jacket rba's for 3 reasons, clean tasting vape, no impact on juice flavor, juice don't crack SS, and SS tanks don't shatter upon impact. Also can now be used in self defense, specially on a 26650 mod.
    Horn321 likes this.
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    Spot, I am not a Tree!!

Super Member Verified Member Hijack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horn321 View Post
    I had missed the chimneys top part, I forgot about it completely.
    No one was ever going to suggest that might be the problem. It would just sound to ridiculous to be true.

Glad its sorted.
    Baditude likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sorry you are having problems but glad to know it isn't just me. After reading all the wonderful recommendations I just thought this was gonna blow me away. Not impressed and having the exact same issues as you. Actually the first time I've a problem with any atomizer. Once you use a rm2 on a reo......you are pretty much ruined because the are that wonderful. Best I've vaped. Good luck to us both. I hope these suggestions help us.

Zen Vaper Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Frankly, if an atty isn't using glass....or have an all steel option, I don't want it. Still can't believe they sell/make devices that can degrade....melt.....crack with a lot of juices. This is a pet peeve of mine. And yes, I can look up what juices can crack plastic....but thats a poor solution. Done ranting........
    Snowdonia likes this.
    If you want others to be happy, practice kindness......If you want to be happy, practice kindness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast