What does a kick do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What does a kick do?

Quote Originally Posted by tj99959 View Post
    I have a Kick-2 in my Nemesis, but that's because the resistance I want to use in my Kayfun is to hot on a fresh battery, and if I up the resistance so that it's good on a fresh battery it has me swapping out batteries to soon.
    I just set the Kick-2 to 10 watts, and I get my desired 3.5v from start to finish.

Kick-2 + HCigar Nemesis = 1/2 the price of a Provari
    I should have mentioned that your desired wattage is greatly affected by your atty and build. The shape and position of your coils can make them too hot to vape at given wattages. Air flow, firing chamber size, and even your drip tip can also affect this. So while you can do more watts, you may not want to

While the Provari is a finely machined mod with great overall build quality, your Kick + HC Nemi probably outperforms it. The watt limit is pretty low on it. There are some amazing regulated mods in that price range now, and some ridiculous ones in the $200 - $300 range.

Ya ive seen those box mods that do 30 watts but like you said are close to $300....way too much

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Petten View Post
    I could go to 30 watts?
    So does this drain battery faster?
    I'm not aware of a kick module that will go to 30 watts. Kick 2 by Evolv and I believe one from Sigelei can do 15 watts.
    Fullknight and Steam Turbine like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member

I am cross posting a little, I just received a wattage kick (ebay special) it works but I'm trying to figure out how to adjust it. A multi meter doesn't seem to work when I mearure from "on" pin to body I always get 3.3V no matter the pot screw setting.

The best I can figure is counter clockwaise is higher watts?

Super Member Verified Member Necrotic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by regal55 View Post
    I am cross posting a little, I just received a wattage kick (ebay special) it works but I'm trying to figure out how to adjust it. A multi meter doesn't seem to work when I mearure from "on" pin to body I always get 3.3V no matter the pot screw setting.

The best I can figure is counter clockwaise is higher watts?
    I believe there is a small Phillips screw on the Kick that you turn either clockwise to raise it or counter clockwise to reduce.. not 100% sure about which direction is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotic View Post
    I believe there is a small Phillips screw on the Kick that you turn either clockwise to raise it or counter clockwise to reduce.. not 100% sure about which direction is which.

It seems that you are rightif it was a VV one could easily measure the voltage with a multi meter, but mine is a wattage model so I don't know how that would be measured. As far as a comparison to a Provari this is a great deal but I've had to take channel locks to it a couple times to lossen threads its really not in the same class as my provari but does get the job done almost as well as my SVD.

Has anyone tried the magnet switch mod? I got a set but am hesistant to try because an 18650 battery plus the kick extension may be enough to turn the switch on while putting it down for a second in between puffs?

Haven't tried a magnet switch mod, for a spring mod yet. Though I really like the magnet switch on my mod that came with it. It would depend on how the switch mod was constructed if I used it or not I would think. I would look for something like on my magneto where its not posiable to presse the two magnets together by pressing down on the battery.

PV Master Verified Member edyle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Petten View Post
    I could go to 30 watts?
    So does this drain battery faster?
    I haven't see any kicks that go that high.. yet.

Sigelei vw kick
    Details:

•Matching with atomizer in a resistance of 1.5ohm-3.0ohm
    •Variable wattage: 5W-15W in 1W increment or decrement
    •POR: After power on reset, the KICK will get into the alert status if no atomizer installed
    •Low voltage protection (below 3.2V)
    •Low resistance protection (below 1.0ohm)
    •Short circuit protection
    •Match with any kind of SIGELEI Telescope, and most full mechanical mods

A vv kick will keep your voltage constant;

not sure what the current limit on this one is but it would have a current limit

Details:

•Variable Voltage - can be adjustable from 3.2V to 4.8V
    •Tolerance: 0.1V
    •Short circuit protection
    •Compatible with most mechanical mods

Quote Originally Posted by edyle View Post
    I haven't see any kicks that go that high.. yet.

A vv kick will keep your voltage constant;

not sure what the current limit on this one is but it would have a current limit

Thanks for the picture, I had stambles right at the 4.2V mark which makes perfect sense for a 2 ohm coils. Its working great.

My other nemesis is of better construction put didn't come with a extra extension and beauty ring for the kick (made it a lot easier to figure out how to put together, ha ha.) I think I'll leave it pure mechanical for 16350 batteries. I like holding it like an analog cigarette.

The nemesis clones if you get a good one are certainly the bang for the buck leaders, I think I paid $22 shipped for me last one. One could collect these things.

Does the kick provide any safety features?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast