Better Vape Experience ! : )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better Vape Experience ! : )

Default Better Vape Experience ! : )

Okay guys, I am a newbie. I will admit that but I have done some research and hopefully am going about this the right way. I do have an understanding of ohm's law, watched multiple videos, and read a ton about RDA's and Mech Mods. I finally decided that I was ready to step up in the Vape world and get a better experience with it. My main goal was to get better flavor (&nicotine) and upgrade my current setup.

OLD SETUP:
    eGo battery & kanger pro tank mini
    (& all kinds of other basic ....)

NEW SETUP:
    HCigar Nemesis
    Infinite Stillare
    2x 18650 Sony VTC5 3.7 2600mah 30A
    Trustfire Charger
    26g Kantal Wire
    100% Organic Cotton
    Eleaf Ohmmeter
    Multimeter
    Juices: KillerLiquid High VG Strawberries & Cream, SpaceJam Andromeda 50/50 Blend

I did some research on what I thought would be the best thing to upgrade to and decided to go with my new setup. However I am new to coil building and haven't really found my sweet spot with it yet. I understand ohm's law and I'm not trying to be an extreme sub-ohm'ing or anything but I do want a decent cloud with alot of flavor. I am wrapping around a screwdriver, it is a jewelers screwdriver I believe it should just be a regular size. I have tried both single coil and double coil and came up with lot of different Ohm ratings anywhere betweeen .4 ohms up to 1.3 ohms and haven't found anything to produce the way I want. Right now I have a single coil build at 1.0 ohms and just using organic cotton to wick it. I have had more luck with the High VG liquid performing better, it just seems as if the SpaceJam fluid is to harsh and doesn't get the flavor that I want. I still seem to get more flavor from a simple aspire ce5 clearomizer with my andromeda fluid than I do with my new setup.

I get that Power = (Voltage * Voltage) / Resistance

So for me it would be with a fully charged battery (4.2 * 4.2) / 1.0 = 17.64 A

I am still kind of confused on what the power actually means, in laymans terms how does this relate to a vape? What is the difference in if I was getting 20 A of power versus getting 10 A of power through my mod, will I be getting more vape, warmer vape, more flavor etc?

Is there anything I should be doing differently, or anything that you suggest to get a better vape?

Super Member ECF Veteran Maestro's Avatar

Power is watts, not amperage. You will get more vapor from higher wattage. Your math is correct, you just have the terms mixed up.
    I've given up trying to be a good example and decided to settle for being a horrible warning.

Remember you can build two coils indenticle in ohms, one is 3mm in diamiter and one that's 2.4mm and the change in flavor and coil heat up time is considerably different. Its all about experimenting. So your "power" numbers will be the same but the larger coil isnt as effective or efficient.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Hi I also have the nemisis. I've found though I actually get a better vaping expirence from my variable watt DNA 30. Have you considered getting a variable watt device or a kick for your nemesis so you can control the wattage? You can get a kick fairly inexpensive and it might give you a more consistent vape. Do you have or have you tried a kick with it? It might help.

Blog Entries

More surface area of coil (larger gauge wire), more airflow (drill out your RDA cap holes), more watts (higher heat), lower ohm coil(s) (higher heat), and adequate wicking = more vapor.

Ohm's Law for Dummies

PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yeah, you are all good, 17 watts is no big, and the actual on a fresh batt under load is probably more like 4.1 volts, then drops from there.

Here's my favorite Ohms Law Calculator . You can crank any value any which way to get the numbers and values you want. Handy when trying to build for max amp outputs.

With your setup, you are super safe down to 0.5, still got room at 0.3, 0.2, can do, but getting close to pushing things and needs a careful eye on.

Heck, now just take a snap shot of your vape today, and get back to me a year from now, and see if you haven't done a similar Quantum Vape step up of the same proportions. The longer you vape, the better and larger ones collection becomes.!!!

Vape long and acquire Prosper.!!!!
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    Spot, I am not a Tree!!

Just thought i'd share a picture of my setup and my coil.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Do you think there is a possibility of dripping too much, any maybe like flooding the coil and that causing issue's with the way it's hitting. I have always heard to just add more fluid if it smells burnt or looks dried out. Not sure if anyone has anymore advice on this.

Also, do you think there is a huge difference in the way you should setup your builds for heavy vg fluids vs regular fluids?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jdmintegra1; 07-09-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Do you wait a second after hitting the button for the coil to get hot before you hit it?

Do you drip directly onto the coil or only on the wick, or does it matter?

is air hole facing the coil ? , and have you boiled the cotton to cleanse it from chemicals ?
    for me no cotton/wick under the coil gives better performance with macro setup

Yes the cotton is good. And the stillare has two horizontal air holes on each side. I usually have the coil inbetween these two. So you just use a tiny peice of cotton and don't tuck it under to make a juice bed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast