new vapor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: new vapor

Default new vapor

Hi im new here, and new to vaping. currently i use the vamo v5 and aspire nautilus with bvc coil. experienced many bad coils with the bdc coils so switched to bvc. problem now is if i screw my tank all the way on it floods. if i leave it slightly loose it vapes like a dream. anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? all advice welcome.
    Last edited by niccylei; 08-23-2014 at 07:44 PM. Reason: my spellings horrendous...sorry

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by niccylei View Post
    Hi im new here, and new to vaping. currently i use the vamo v5 and aspire nautilus with bvc coil. experianced many bad coils with the bdc coils so switched to bvc. problem now is if i screw my tank all the way on it floods. if i leave it slightly loose it vapes like a dream. anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? all advice welcome.
    Is your airflow open when you tighten it up? Sometimes the hole gets nudged around and then the pressure will flood it every time.

How good is your eye sight? When you tighten it up, you can see when the glass touches the silicone seal base...no more than that....
    K31Scout likes this.
    DJS. MVP v.2 / SID / Nemesis + Sigelei 8w / Vamo V5 / Spinners / iTasteVV and even cig-a-likes.

I always make sure the air holes are closed after a few too many nudges and floods when i first got it. my eye sights pretty good think i may be trying to tighten it up a little too much since how its set now its sat snug on the silicone seal......noobie vaper here. thankyou for the reply

Senior Member Verified Member SunshinePete's Avatar

Welcome, new vaper. As a previous poster has said, those Aspires need ultra- careful assembly.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Welcome niccylei to ECF. Make sure you tighten down the Aspire Nautilus below the air-holes. When I first started with the Aspire Nautilus I was tightening by the tank....I noticed I was actually loosening up the coil and getting the gurgling and leaking.
    Good Luck to You...Happy Vaping!!!
    K31Scout likes this.

thanks for the welcome. and the advice i have been tightening with the tank and not the base.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by niccylei View Post
    I always make sure the air holes are closed after a few too many nudges and floods ..
    Are you saying the airflow is closed when you tighten up the base into the glass?

Tighten down using the base and keep the airflow hole open. Hand tighten the atomiser head every time you refill. (might need a little loo/kitchen roll for your fingers)
    DJS. MVP v.2 / SID / Nemesis + Sigelei 8w / Vamo V5 / Spinners / iTasteVV and even cig-a-likes.

It could also be that the positive pin on the bottom of the tank is being pushed in to far by the pin on the Vamo and pushing the coil head upward a bit farther than it wants to go. Many mods offer adjustment for this, but the Vamo does not. But I do have two Nautilus tanks that I used to use with a Vamo and don't have any flooding issues. It could just be that your voltage is too low.

yes the airflow i always keep closed when im putting it back together after cleaning etc, followed advice from a long time vaper. They claimed the flooding was because i was reassembling with the air flow holes open. took it back to the shop today along with my vamo the guy there changed some settings on the vamo its been working nicely since. i will follow all advice given and hope i have no more issues. thank you for all advice.

My voltage was low. this was what the shop keeper adjusted for me today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast