Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: E Cig in Boots !

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default E Cig in Boots !

just popped in to Boots this morning for a perscription and noticed a stand on the counter with leaflets advertising Nicocig an e cig, i asked the girl behind the counter if they had any in stock, to which she replied "yes we do there £45.95 for a starter kit and £5.95 for the refills which is enough for 60 cigerettes" 6 carts.i picked up the leaflet and had a look through, i'm not sure what the model is but they quote "the battery should last all day with a normal smoking habit", yea right.
    The company are based in Birmingham by me so it would be interesting to see if this is just a local thing with Boots or nationwide, keep a look out and report back if they are selling them further afield, i can't decide wether this is a good thing or not, on the good side it raises the profile of the whole e smoking thing but on the bad side if the product is a piece of crap then this could have a detrimental effect on quite a large scale. Your thoughts please

2. Advertisement
    PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

4. Advertisement

Nicocig were promoing their e-cigs with a large stand in the Palisades shopping centre a few weeks back. Seemed like a decent well made unit. Nice packaging too.

"£45.95 for a starter kit and £5.95 for the refills" though at Boots... Cheaper buying the starter kit from the Nicocig site, but Boots probably work out better for the refills without the postage.

Ultra Member

If Boots are selling them it's almost like they are actually being accepted as a health product.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Aha, I knew some pharmacies were selling them, but Boots?! Berluddy hell! On the whole I hope it's positive - maybe people will see it and decide to hit the internet and do some research before buying, and find this place! Seems quite a few from the USA joined up here after being scammed by smokingeverywhere. Not that the Boots cig is rubbish, I wouldn't know, but it's certainly cheaper than smokingeverywhere!

Ultra Member

It really is quite big if Boots are selling them....I would have thought things must have to pass all sorts of criteria to be sold in a store like that.

Super Member ECF Veteran

They need to sell Totally Wicked. I have Advantage points to get rid of!

Di
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Default Trumpybloke try this --

trumpy,
    get some facts about the acceptance from boots the chemist stores in uk,

let our pollies know that the motherland accepts and sells them in chemist shops.......

maybe they will consider a change of heart.....

Di .......

Thumbs down My Nicocig failed after only 2 days

I'm new to this forum and new to e-smoking. Used the Gamucci cigar which I was very happy with but wasn't sure about getting their rechargeable unit after some of the comments on this forum. I opted to go for the Nicocig. Thought they must be reputable as I heard some big claims coming from their end. I purchased the product directly from their website. The first day everything was fine. loved it. But by the second day it stopped working. Neither of the two batteries supplied charge properly and when one did work which was only for a few inhalations I got a nasty burnt taste in my mouth. I contacted them about what to do. They said I should send in the product along with proof of payment and if they can see if there is a real fault they would send me a replacement. The guy on the phone I spoke with though was convinced that I must have damaged it myself by over using it! Dah! I only used it for 1 day! He said that if it was my fault that the product stopped working that i would not be entitled to a replacement or a refund. That was over a week ago and I still have not had my replacement, despite numerous calls and emails. Apparently my device is with their technical team for inspection. I'm not sure I will ever get my replacement or see my money back. Any advice guys ??

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 03-02-2009, 10:14 AM
  2. 03-02-2009, 10:10 AM