Charger light colors?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charger light colors?

Default Charger light colors?

What do the colors mean on the chargers? I think yellow means it's charging. Green means it's done charging. But what is red? One of my 808D-1 manuals, when it put it in the charger, the led stays red. Does this mean I have a dead battery or a very low charge in the battery?

I tried to search, but "red" is too short a term for the search here.

Oh and the manual doesn't say anything about the charger colors codes.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Typically in the world of charging batteries, red means it's dead/has no charge/has very little charge, yellow/orange means that it is charging and is part way done, and green means good to go.

I would assume it means the same here. There's no harm in leaving it plugged in for awhile and then checking back on it I would think.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Red means charging, orange means almost done, green = done. Some go from red to green with no orange in between. 401 chargers stay green with a flash of red every couple of seconds when they are done.

Ahhh, I think I might have a bad battery then. Only 1 though. It's been red for about 3 hours now. The others are amberish and slowly turn to green. Thanks for the help. It makes sense.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

You know it can take up to 4 hours to charge some batteries.

Lab
    Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

isnt it great not being color blind.. i look at that light all the time it is always the same color to me..

I am glad to be able to see the colours. However, this one battery has been red light for 9 hours. Guess I got a bad one, good thing I ordered 6 total. Yes, 6, I use to work for the government. Redundancy is good. Good.

NCC
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lab View Post
    isnt it great not being color blind.. i look at that light all the time it is always the same color to me..
    Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I truly wish bi-color LEDs were blue/green or blue/red. I can't distinguish between the red and green, other than light intensity if I have two units of a kind, or on my multi-charger. And, the KR808D-1 charger blasts out high intensity when charging and then dims down when charged. Bi-color red/green LEDs are also a problem with me at my job.
    Here's one color "blindness" test (Misnomer) for those who don't know about it.

People with normal color vision will see 58 (upper left), 18 (upper right), E (lower left) and 17 (lower right). The only pattern I see is the 18 in the upper right.
    4.9 years smoke free!

Lab
    Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

yeah the only one i can see clear is the 18.. I have a lot of problems with this since i draw.. only work in black and white because of this. every now and then will try color but it does not look right to me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast