How to mix Liquid & Glycerine & Flavorings - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to mix Liquid & Glycerine & Flavorings

Sin Bin ECF Veteran

Nice presentation, Rita. A couple of questions: By mixing the glycerion and juice 50/50 does that change the nic level from 36 to 18? Have you tried PG and if so, any differences? I would be curious to know if anyone else has experienced an upset stomach.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    Nice presentation, Rita. A couple of questions: By mixing the glycerion and juice 50/50 does that change the nic level from 36 to 18? Have you tried PG and if so, any differences? I would be curious to know if anyone else has experienced an upset stomach.
    Don't want to go into much "detail" on this but... I do seem to have a "problem" with mixing my own juices using ALL VG. I don't have the same issues when using commercial juice using PG, so have ordered some PG to use in my mix with a smaller amount of the VG.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    You might want to check out this thread:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...-recepies.html

Someone (I forgot who) added an excel spreadsheet dealio to be able to calculate your nic content...

Will try to attach it It is a zip file and if anyone knows who did this one originally, would you let me know so that s/he can get proper credit for it. Its really nice for those of us who are math deficient.

Rita
    Attached Files Attached Files

ECF Veteran

The simple answer is yes, a fifty-fifty mix of 36mg liquid with another substance would result in 18 mg liquid.

But of course since Rita also added a small amount of flavor, her resulting mix was something less than 18 mg concentration. If she had made her flavor and glycerin mix add to up to one ml first, and then added the 1 ml of 36 mg liquid, then her result would have been exactly 18 mg. The spreadsheet, created by Jaaxx, is great if you want to be precise and know exactly what your resulting nic concentration is with varying amounts of dilution.
    Last edited by yvilla; 02-25-2009 at 04:01 PM.

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Thanks, Yvilla, for remembering who posted the excel sheet - I use it more as a rough guideline than for the actual drops and mils But I do use it

ECF Veteran

Rita, your comment about your cooking style was perfect!

My sister loves to cook, is a great cook, and uses a handful of this and a pinch of that. I, on the other hand, hardly ever cook and simply cannot do anything without measuring precisely. If I ask her how to make something it's hilarious and impossible at the same time. And if I'm ever away from home in a place I might need to cook at, even simple things, the first thing I have to buy is a measuring cup.
    Last edited by yvilla; 02-25-2009 at 04:27 PM.

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Super Member ECF Veteran

wonderful video rita, thank you

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    In the beautiful coal mining country of Ohio!

Great video, thank you so much!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks so much for this! Takes the fear out of mixing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12