Is ejuice dangerous???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is ejuice dangerous???

.b.
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Is ejuice dangerous???

I was trying to convince my friend that ecigs are alot healthier and I was trying to find proof but now I'm just worried after reading this...
    Ingredients on Totally Wicked’s E-Juice… | Electronic Cigarette Magazine

Super Member ECF Veteran

So far all I've read says that, for the most part it's probably very safe but the jury is still out. There just haven't been enough studies done yet. The anecdotal evidence from users is that it is way healthier than cigs and people feel much better vaping.

considering that most everything in the vapor is food grade and used in food currently
    PG/VG the only other thing is the Nicotine but even that is found in some foods naturally

i would go out on a limb and say its safe at least safer than putting all the other 3998 chemicals into your lungs!

Drip Tip Hoarder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

No-one knows yet what the impact of vaping does to our lungs. Lungs were meant for inhaling the air around us. We as a community are trying to find these answers out, not many studies done as to date. We hope this is a healthier way but cannot guarantee it is healthier, we just hope.

Blog Entries

Flavorings can contain some scary sounding chemicals and some of those chemicals in full concentrations are quite dangerous.

And nicotine in full concentration is very deadly.

If you want to have real fun, look up the MSDS's for phosphoric acid like is found in Coke and Pepsi and most other soft drinks. Seriously, look it up. It is incredibly dangerous too.

Now, consider the concentrations. Concentration is much more important than anything else. Drink too much water and you will die. Drink too little you will die. Too much potassium in your blood will kill you just as too little will.

So, yeah, there are dangerous chemicals in lots of stuff even in perfectly good fruit and vegetables, but in the concentrations they occur, they are harmless. A lot of "junk science" relies on the the notion that if full concentrations of a substance is bad, then any amount is just as dangerous.

Then compare the chemicals that are naturally present in tobacco and the chemicals they put on it during processing to what is in e-juice. A rational person would choose the juice, but not all people are rational. Debating with irrational people is like trying to teach a pig to sing. That pig will never sing and you will just get frustrated.

And when studies on e-juice do start coming out, look at the process. Will it be like the tests done by the government on a certain herb where they put gas masks on apes and pumped straight smoke into them for an extended time and concluded that since there were signs of brain damage after that test, then smoking any of that certain herb will cause brain damage? Or will the study be done more logically? Who knows?

Meanwhile do what seems right to you. Let the rest lie and don't try to teach that pig to sing.

NCC
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Excellent synopsis Hoosier.
    4.8 years smoke free!

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hoosier has really said it all but - if you want to really scare yourself go look up the ingredient of foods. Not natural, grown in the garden foods but processed, frozen and generally available foods. Look up the ingredients of a twinky (something I wouldnt touch with a barge pole btw lol).
    We eat a whole BUNCH of chemicals and things that have been genetically altered daily.
    On their own most of these are fairly harmless but what tests NEVER (and CAN never) take into consideration is the combinations people eat them in, and where they eat them (ie, a room full of tobacco smoke, near a chemical plant etc etc) and what else they might have (diseases, be on other medicinal chemicals etc). Those kinds of chemical interractions, and the fact each person CAN process foods diffferently, as we all have slightly different bio chemical makeups (because we aren't clones), are impossible to predict.
    Anything that isn't fresh and grown without chemcials could kill you. Even things that are natural can kill you.
    We either accept that modern living carries inherent risks, or we give it up and go live in cave on a desert island (where we promptly die of pnuemonia).
    Is ejuice dangerous? No idea.
    Is it LESS dangerous than cigarettes? Probably, but I have no idea.
    Is it a risk I'm prepared to take? Yup, same as when someone shoves another twinky down their throat and hopes for the best

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Been trying for so long not to take sides in the war betwen John (Shining Wit) of Intellicig & Pillbox of Totally Wicked, However, I do think IMHO that John is going out of his way to make TW look bad.

Super Member ECF Veteran

heh.. and while you're at it.. do a little searching on "genetically modified" and then corn and maybe soybeans too.

Oh, and fire safe cigarettes.. a pet peeve of mine (and just for the record, FSC did not prevent my bf from almost setting the porch on fire a few weeks ago)

There's plenty of junk we put into our bodies. The jury is still out what the long term effects of using VG and PG + "flavors" + nicotine is. (well, we know the effects of nicotine on the body, that's about all we do know for now)

and also on the hand when you wrestle with the pig , you both get dirty ,but the pig likes it !!
    i do know one thing im not going to wrestle the analog pig anymore , i am sticking to the PV for my nic needs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast