Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plugged ear

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Plugged ear

I just know this is gonna sound weird because, well...it is! Last night while vaping, my right ear plugged, like what happens when you get water in it from swimming. It popped back open about an hour later and I didn't think any more about it. When I woke up this morning, it was clogged again and still is several hours later.

I've only been vaping for 6 days (woohoo!) and wonder if I'm way overdoing it and getting vapor overload or something. Except for not being able to hear in the ear and the feeling of fluid in there, there are no problems at all, no pain, no other symptoms....just can't hear.

Has anyone else had anything weird like this happen? Did the moisture from vaping find its way into my inner ear?

Still, I would rather be deaf than go back to ciggies (3rd day free!) I'll just be a happy deaf vaper!!

Full Member ECF Veteran

Probably completely unrelated to vaping.

FWIW, I'm not a doctor, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Let me do some digging, I think I saw in one of the 6 threads in the ECF Library that impaired hearing is a symptom of nicotine overdose. This same thing happened to me a day or two ago....

/gets shovel to start digging

Super Member ECF Veteran

Taken from Mister's post in the ECF Library:

The symptoms of nicotine overdose are clearer indicators of what is happening in your body than the symptoms of withdrawal. This is because nicotine overdose has been studied a fair bit. Nicotine withdrawal has not been studied nearly as much. What has been studied a lot is cigarette withdrawal which is a different thing - it includes no longer inhaling a few thousand chemicals, not just nicotine.

Symptoms of nicotine overdose:
    confusion5,6,7,8
    racing pulse, palpitations6,7,8
    salivation, drooling6,7,8
    agitation6,7,8
    physical fatigue, weakness6,7,8
    muscle twitching5,8
    vomiting5,6,7,8
    hearing or vision problems5

Just remembered it because like I said, the same thing happened to me the other day after I had been chain vaping. It could also be totally unrelate to vaping. Just monitor your nicotine consumption and see if it happens again. If it keeps up, go see a doctor.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I still have this problem occasionally, but I had it when I smoked analogs too...so...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran nicotime's Avatar

My ear have been ringing for a couple weeks now....maybe I should cut back
    ................I found a solution that may be bad for one of both of us..............

Full Member ECF Veteran

Thanks so much for the info! The correlation of my ear plugging up like there's water in there and vaping consistently for the past 3 days can't be missed. When it happened for the first time last night, it did pop open shortly afterward, but it was there again when I woke up this morning and hasn't popped.

It's a nuisance but nothing I can't deal with. I never would have thought a nic overdose could do something like this...wow! I'll be paying much closer attention.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I get it sometimes as well. I do like I do when on an airplane, hold your nose closed and try to blow out through your nose. Ears will clear immediately.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The more vaping I do, the more my TMD acts up... which causes the clogged ears, very much like when flying. When this happens, I have to ease up as the tension in my jaw exacerbates it.
    ~Whim~

Ultra Member ECF Veteran nicotime's Avatar

May have something to do with the negative pressure on the ear tubes when hitting on the PV...but Im no Dr. either.
    ................I found a solution that may be bad for one of both of us..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast