Day 1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day 1

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Norby View Post
    That's exactly what's so cool about this. I never really set out to quit, I just haven't wanted any analogs lately. Although another change I have made is in my habits. I'm vaping at my desk at work now, because if I'd go outside, I'd almost always grab an analog instead.

All of my juice is 24 mg. Every once in a while I wonder if I'm vaping too much, but I'm not getting dizzy, or nauseous. I just feel a little off sometimes. I suppose it could also just be me detoxing. I'm not too worried about it.
    Cool! So you just need to get used to it enough to enjoy it more often than not. The analogs will stop on their own eventually, if you want them to (and sometimes they stop when you're not really paying attention anymore)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ostracized View Post
    When you find the taste just awful of analogs that is when you can quit.
    I've already noticed how they taste, "Like an ashtray".

I think the big epiphany was right after having an analog outside at home one day, I noticed the smell on my hands. I remarked on it to my non-smoking wife, and asked, "Do I always smell like that?" She of course said yes, and that was quite a turning point for me.

Super Member ECF Veteran

That's exactly what's so cool about this. I never really set out to quit, I just haven't wanted any analogs lately. Although another change I have made is in my habits. I'm vaping at my desk at work now, because if I'd go outside, I'd almost always grab an analog instead.

All of my juice is 24 mg. Every once in a while I wonder if I'm vaping too much, but I'm not getting dizzy, or nauseous. I just feel a little off sometimes. I suppose it could also just be me detoxing. I'm not too worried about it.
    Sounds like you're on the right track-- keep on vaping!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum!

What I discovered when I quit analogs was that it was not the nicotine that had me hooked. I was associating smoking an analog with relaxation.

I work in the computer field and so that means that I spend a lot of time staring at a screen. To save my eyes and sanity I would take breaks every so often and of course some of those breaks were smoke breaks. My neck and shoulders would get really tense and while I was outside smoking I could feel myself relax and becoming looser.

Now that I have quit smoking and I vape at my desk all day, I have never again experienced the tension in my neck and shoulders.

P.S. Get yourself a decent setup like a 510 and stop buying junk!
    Last edited by Col. Gaunt; 04-16-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Don't you hate it when people make promises that they do not keep?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Gaunt View Post
    P.S. Get yourself a secent setup like a 510 and stop buying junk!
    I have been considering a 510, but for now my M-40x stuff is working very well. I like that the 402 is very compact, and with the PCC I can carry a day's supply of stuff with me. And I haven't even done any cart mods or drip or dip or any of that stuff. I just finally figured out the right amount of juice to put in there.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Your story, though very cool, is not completely unique. The lady that sold me my first kit told me that she started vaping so she could smoke MORE. She's a tournament poker player and couldn't smoke at some of the tables but they would let her vape. After a couple of months she noticed that she still had the same pack of smokes for a couple weeks (she was a 2 pack a day smoker) so she said to hell with it and threw them away. Hasn't smoked since. This is such an awesome thing.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've already noticed how they taste, "Like an ashtray".

I think the big epiphany was right after having an analog outside at home one day, I noticed the smell on my hands. I remarked on it to my non-smoking wife, and asked, "Do I always smell like that?" She of course said yes, and that was quite a turning point for me.
    That was a big one for me too, I always knew I stunk up the place and shortly after I quit my gf said I smelled like candy and I really liked the thought of that.

ECF Veteran

I got myself a PSE901 setup and was able to go from a pack and a half to 4 or 5 the first day and the next 2 days. Couldn't get down to none though. I was unhappy with the inconsistent vapor, taste and throat hit. Which puzzled me since there are plenty of people who like the 901. Then I stumbled on a comment about 'the straw mod' and the whole thing was wonderful. Those silly little straws changed me vaping experience. Consistent (or mostly so) vapor, taste and throat hit. Once I mod'ed a few cartridges and had everything working nice I stopped feeling the need for an analog. Only been 4 days now without and I get the occasional craving but its not a "I NEED A CIG" feeling but more of a "wonder if I want to smoke an analog" feeling which passes after a few vap hits.

I too work at a computer and in general find there's a mental link for me with relaxing and smoking. Once I got the vaping experience consistent with that straw mod I could just take a break and a half dozen puffs and feel relaxed.

So my advice, look at the mods for cartridges to make the vaping consistent. Once you get that you'll not need analogs. And like others have said don't dwell on the "I'm quitting" thought and just look at it as reducing how many analogs you smoke. Then if you have an urge just vape if it isn't too strong. Bet you'll find you're at the point where you always decide to vape and not smoke an analog before you know it.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistinthewoods View Post
    Your story, though very cool, is not completely unique. The lady that sold me my first kit told me that she started vaping so she could smoke MORE. She's a tournament poker player and couldn't smoke at some of the tables but they would let her vape. After a couple of months she noticed that she still had the same pack of smokes for a couple weeks (she was a 2 pack a day smoker) so she said to hell with it and threw them away. Hasn't smoked since. This is such an awesome thing.

I was vaping and smoking at the same time also. It got to the point where all I could smoke was a 1/4 of an analog before I had to put it out because I was hating the taste and missing the yummy flavors of my E-liquids!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have been considering a 510, but for now my M-40x stuff is working very well. I like that the 402 is very compact, and with the PCC I can carry a day's supply of stuff with me. And I haven't even done any cart mods or drip or dip or any of that stuff. I just finally figured out the right amount of juice to put in there.

Well, the thing that counts is that you are enjoying it and not getting frustrated because it it not working well.

Just don't become like me, 70+ mods and counting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast