Antidepressant warnings on E-Cigs
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Antidepressant warnings on E-Cigs

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Zelphie's Avatar

Exclamation Antidepressant warnings on E-Cigs

I was wondering how many of you found a warning telling you that those taking antidepressants should not use the E-Cig.
    I have found this warning on one my own E-cigs and heard of others, but itís not on every brand. I would really like to get people ideas as to what ingredient in E-Cigs they think may interact with antidepressants.
    I donít believe this warning is on other nicotine products, and my feeling is itís another ingredient all together.
    Any ideas?

Never heard of such. What brand eCig did you find this on?

Sing a song of couches, a pocket full of sighs, four and twenty huge grins baked into a pie - Deejman2k
    ~ Honey, in my book your name is spelled... O... M... G...!! ~

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Never heard of it. But quiting the 4,000 chemicals might have something to do with it.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran stover.p's Avatar

I take an anti anxiety med and vape without any problems. Been vapeing for a month.
    Analog free since March 12,2010
    **AKA/ThreadKiller**

PV Master ECF Veteran

Never heard of it, stopping smoking real cigs can cause depression, but ecigs?
    I have been vaping over 2 months and have had no problem and I do take an anti depressant so basically I think this is bunk LOL

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mini_art View Post
    Never heard of it, stopping smoking real cigs can cause depression, but ecigs?
    I have been vaping over 2 months and have had no problem and I do take an anti depressant so basically I think this is bunk LOL
    I agree with you 100%. Many years on meds and found my use of e-cigs for the past 6 months (and no analogs) quite the opposite, very relaxing. One less thing to think or worry about (cigs).

I quit instantly with my first vape on 4 November 2009. Thank You ECF!
    --- Provari Owner ---

It was on the Blu and NJOY

Never heard of this ether, is it possible to take a picture of the warning? Would be interesting to see the reason behind the warning if true.

Did a quick search and found many articals that say...
    The fact that researchers are actually documenting the effects which support the idea that tobacco cigarettes may actually be a drug that smokers are using to treat their underlying chronic anxiety and depression. (See earlier post on the effects of Nicotine.).......

....If we assume that this is true, the antidepressant effect of cigarettes may be an effective way to treat the underlying
    We propose that one effective alternative to the tobacco cigarette which delivers nicotine (thought to deliver the antidepressant component) in a safer fashion is the electronic non-tobacco cigarette.

Source: I cant post as I dont have 15 posts q.q

Google "e cig and antidepressant" 4th link down "what you should know.... link.

Its possible e-cigs would mess with anti depressants in a few people. But no more than the number that is already effected by smoking regular cigarettes I would think. Another words nothing to cause alarm unless you are on many different medications and sitting at a smoking bar would set you off.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Never heard fof it either but that doesn't mean much as I don't know everything
    I do know stopping smoking can make depression worse but thats not down to nicotine, its because of the other chemicals added to tobacco cigs.

lol Looks like I dont know how to post yet.
    It's not that E-Cigs cause depresstion, it was just a warning not to take antideressant medication and vape for an unknown reason..
    Just wondering why, but I do love my vapy treats.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast