Tornado/eGo Holster!!

Thread: Tornado/eGo Holster!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thumbs up Tornado/eGo Holster!!

For those who use the Tornado/eGo, the belt holster that comes with the AA maglight fits the Tornado/eGo perfectly! Just make sure you keep the button to the side to prevent activation!

Where did you get the holster?

CASAA Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Wow! Never thought of that. I just got my eGo a couple of days ago and have 2 mini maglite belt holsters lying around. I'm going to give it a try right now. Thanks.

Might be a holster mod coming in order to prevent accidental discharge!

ECF Veteran

Just tried it out. Much less chance of an "accidental discharge" with a well broken in holster. I have an unused spare that fits the eGo kinda snug. Looks like the newer holster's going to get used to actually hold a maglite. The broken in one has eGo written all over it. Thanks again for the idea.

ECF Veteran

The ones I found on line include a leather one that looks to have no top flap and a nylon one that has a velcro flap. Is one of these what you are using? Worried about eGo falling out.
    Found this one for $8.90. Toward bottom, right.:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1
    Last edited by cliff5550; 05-08-2010 at 06:59 PM.

ECF Veteran

The ones I have are the standard nylon open type (no flap) that come with the purchase of a mini maglite. Personally I see no need for a button flap unless you want to conceal it or plan on standing on your head and don't want to risk loosing your Tornado/eGo while inverted.

I see the one you're referring to though. For about $20 you can get the whole maglite kit belt pouch included. No REAL man should be without a maglite. The ladies are the better for it too. If they don't want the maglite their husbands/bf's should - especially if they want to be REAL men!

I may be wrong. It's happened a few times in the past. But I believe I've seen maglite belt pouches for sale seperately in places like construction suppliers, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
    Last edited by irwink; 05-08-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks im gonna go find my hubby old holsters now, i bet i could pin one to my purse..LOL shh dont tell him i took them , Again thanks for the idea
    Tara

Tara's Vaping : 1/2/10 on a Ego, I like it with duel carts, 510 for the need of the feel of a real cig.I havnt saved a penny but im having fun :)

Full Member ECF Veteran

I am a knife collector, and through the years have been given some cheap pocket knives with nylon holsters. I have been using one of these for the last few weeks for my tornado. Seems to work just fine, i just make sure the button is facing to the side to help eliminate the possibility of accidental battery discharge. As of yet this has not been a problem. I also use the maglite holster, more for my cigar than my tornado, but just tried it for fit and it seems fine. I have also been playing around trying to make my own case, but no good results yet. I'm still hoping that some company will start selling an actual case in which I could carry my liquid, extra battery (ocd alert), my tweezers, and an extra cart or two.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Last edited by Slighter; 05-09-2010 at 01:44 AM.

ECF Veteran

Picked up the mini MagLite at the local Super Wally World for just $7. Included the flashlight, batteries, two extra lites, and a very nice woven nylon belt-loop case perfect for an eGo. Seven bucks!