Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: A tip for newbs seeking tobacco / cigarette flavor...

Moved On ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default A tip for newbs seeking tobacco / cigarette flavor...

I've been at this a few months and have come to the conclusion that nothing out there tastes like a cig. nothing. yes the tobacco juices taste good but they're nothing like cigs.

i think smokers taste buds are so deadened that they only think cigs taste good. They don't. I've smoked a few recently and they tasted exactly like the way an overfilled ashtray smells.

If you're new at this or are considering getting into e-smoking, just know that you probably won't match the taste of your favorite cigs. I would actually suggest that newbs try starting out with richer flavors such as coffee or vanilla.

2. Advertisement

I totally agree. Analogs are nasty once you start to get your tastebuds back. And with all the yummy flavors out there why would you want something that tastes like burning?

One thing i have noticed is with Tobbacco flavors out there, alot of them consist of the taste that resemmbles the smell of a freshly opened pack of analogs. I don't care what anyone says but that smell is greaat!!!. I also agree after vaping for about a month and half I have no desire to find a juice that taste like analog smoke. I love alot of the tobbaco flavors I have tried though, they all have that "ressemblence" taste.

I wholeheartedly agree. Everyone always asks... "is there one that just tastes like tobacco?" No! You don't want tobacco. TRUST ME. After you've been vaping for a while tobacco just tastes GROSS.
    Vaporlass, Mishy73, lamar and 8 others like this.

Also keep in mind that this is probably the best tool to come along to help one quit smoking if that's your goal. Stop worrying about matching the taste and just try flavors till you find what you like, but keep at it. At least you can still draw and puff and even holding it provides a lot of satisfaction. You can't drive and smoke with a patch. Once you find those flavors you like you'll lose that desire for the harsh stuff - remember there are other chemicals you are addicted to in Tcigs (traditional cigs) and you are going to be going through that withdrawal for awhile. You are getting your nicotine fix - but nothing is replacing those other chemicals (and that's a great thing). I think the flavor idea someone posted here is a great tip - I started with something that was tobacco light and didn't really like it, then tried other flavors and now I love it.

Chris

Full Member ECF Veteran

When I started out... I didn't try tobacco 'cos i didn't think it would be the same (and from what i read on here it isn't). I tried smoky flavors like applewood and hawaiian mesquite to give me that sort of harshness akin to the th i got from cigarettes and that seemed to work for me. Strangely, menthol flavors do the trick for me too (was NOT a menthol smoker) and am now vaping all kinds of nifty and delicious flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlygirl27 View Post
    Strangely, menthol flavors do the trick for me too (was NOT a menthol smoker)
    Agreed. I absolutely despised menthol cigarettes of any kind, but I've found some menthol juices to be very agreeable and obviously add TH when you've craving it.

You can get some of that tobacco flav by mixing up your own using Tobacco Absolute and Ethal Malto.

Perfumers Apprentice has some already premixed with PG and even a tobacco blend that is TA+EM+PG.

Still not 100% analog taste but the tobacco is in there.

Carefull... TA is VERY strong: 1/2ml to 5ml base at the most.
    Joyetech Evic likes this.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I found a tobacco ejuice that actually tastes/smells more like cocoa than tobacco to me (Backwoods Brew Casablanca) but it was the first juice I tried that really left me feeling satisfied, and actually after fewer puffs than with other juices. There's just something about the body of the vapor and the TH and just the amount of aroma that felt good.

For the OP, I don't think it's that bad to try tobacco flavors while you're kicking the analogs. Just don't get discouraged if the carts that came with your rig or the first several juices you buy don't hit the spot for you. I am definitely going to try vanilla - just ordered some Backwoods Vanilla, but I think in my first week off analogs, even an ejuice similarity to tobacco helps me feel sated.

I agree, nothing has the same taste as analogs and I can honestly say I have never tasted any juice that is worse than analogs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast