Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Advice on what to buy for newcomers

Moved On ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Default Advice on what to buy for newcomers

can we actually pay attention to what the newbs needs are?

again i just read a newbs question asking for something that looks like an analog because they only smoke socially and both responses were "buy an ego".

can people stop pushing what they like on all the new users and actually pay attention to what the user is looking for? we may as well just pull down the site and put up a page that merely says "buy an ego. it doesn't matter what you want".

sorry if i'm beating a dead horse but come on, what use would somebody who wants an analog look-alike for when they smoke socially have with an ego? not everything is one size fits all.

Cut to the chase and just read the last post

Admin

Last edited by rolygate; 02-27-2012 at 05:27 PM.

2. Advertisement
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. lol

I agree xg. I still keep some analog sized PVs for some occasions. For light or social only smokers they can be the answer.

I was a heavy smoker and couldn't quit until I got a 510. But I didn't chuck the other equipment. It still gets used.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I understand where you are coming from xg4, but the thread is young and there will be plenty of suggestions, but please understand peoples intent and that the majority of people start out with a cig-a-like and end up moving to different and "better" (quotes intentional) models.

You are right there are a lot of traditional ecig models that are satisfying (I have/had and still use many). Yes the egoType ecig is highly suggested but for just cause, even though it doesn't fit as a 'traditional' sizewise it is a long lasting battery in a small package.

I think people are only trying to help a new member thinking that they might as well skip the step that, statistically, people go through.. usually wanting a clone of a cigarette size and clone of a cigarette taste.. then come to find they need something a bit more.... longer lasting battery... and something that just has a taste to their liking.

I have toned down alot in my vaping needs, but still find an ego-type ecig a good thing to have in ones stash. Besides even if it isn't what someone is looking for at least they see an option that they just might not be aware of.

FWIW the answer to the question would be a M401 with a smart PCC since that simulates size of not only a cigarette but the PCC simulates the size of a pack... but this model might have it's draw backs to some since the battery really doesn't last that long (even though the PCC extends that life ) but the carts don't hold that much juice.

also remembers that's just the nature of forums ingeneral, but it all works out in the end

LGD
    You may say I am a DUCK, But never call me Richard
    Slingshots

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

No. No we can't Sir. He (being a noob), thinks he knows what he wants, but doesn't. We all wanted an analog look alike at first.....remember. Wish someone had told me the 'down and dirty' before I wasted all that $. I know, I know, I'm sure someone on the planet actually prefers a crappy e cig, but the odds are stacked against that being the case with any noob. I go with the odds.

At the end of the day, when your freaking out for a cig, which would you prefer? I think this would apply almost universally.
    Last edited by StarsAndBars; 11-29-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    TomiGirl, JDidGirl, sprag and 5 others like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I agree. I stopped answering alot of these posts due to people yelling at me for NOT telling them to get an ego.......I know if someone had handed me one in the beginning I never would have tried it. I still don't take my Lux when I go out. Not everyone wants an ego-sized battery.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ya...I laugh every time someone puts in the default "Buy an eGo" answer when it doesn't fit the question. And you know damn well the worst offenders don't even bother to fully read the posts.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I usually always suggest several different PV models. Pros and cons of each etc. I'm sick of seeing "the ego is the best" and "just get an ego"
    KumariHPX and dru4ever4 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Why anyone would tell someone new to vaping to get an ego is beyond me.The correct answer is to get a vv Ali and be done with it. kidding, the ego is heavier and some people like to rest a cig like device in their mouth in the beginning , for lots of people the smallish pv's will work fine.
    ralphclark and dru4ever4 like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    I usually always suggest several different PV models. Pros and cons of each etc. I'm sick of seeing "the ego is the best" and "just get an ego"
    That wasn't funny....

Yes that is a good approach for members new to vaping... even if they do suggest the ego the why's for that persons suggestion would be great...

Here is another view of the "the ego is the best" posts (not agreeing nor opposing with them) if someone was to post a detailed response with ego being that members suggestion... these one-liners usually are just trying to support what already was said in detail and the member feels like they contributed to the community... (sort of a +1 if you will) they are also good for keeping the thread "alive" until the OP responds again..... Yes it might possibly cause "useless clutter" if the OP really didn't care to hear it, but with out fail the thread will still get a series of posts with options (like if you posted a detailed response)

When I NEVER seen a suggestion for an ego in threads.... oh wait that wasn't even an option

All in all we are all here to help and some are just excited to share what they like
    dru4ever4 and nenengpana like this.
    You may say I am a DUCK, But never call me Richard
    Slingshots

Senior Member ECF Veteran

It does not matter to me as they are only suggestions. The best advisers are the persons who have not been on the analog for longer then six months. And there is some sense for bigger atty (may not be suitable for beginers). From what I have gone through, big atty produced the most vapor. They do not look like cigarettes. I believe users are suggesting that they are satisfied with their ego set. Sounds repetitive but its no crime.
    Last edited by enree; 11-29-2010 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast