New Members Read! Everything you need to know about the ECF
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: New Members Read! Everything you need to know about the ECF

Captain Tightpants Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default New Members Read! Everything you need to know about the ECF

This thread is meant to give new members important forum-related information, all in one place for easy reference.

First things first. This forum has rules, and all members are expected to know them and follow them. The forum rules can be found here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...rum-rules.html

All new members have to start off in the New Members Forum for their first five posts. Details can be found here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...do-i-need.html

Are you a new member with less than five posts, but the forum won't let you create a new thread? Check your email! The forum sends you an email upon registration with a link that you must click in order to verify and activate your account. Don't see it in your email Inbox? Check your spam folder. Sometimes it gets put in there erroneously.

Having issues with your registration? DO NOT TRY TO "START OVER" BY CREATING ANOTHER ACCOUNT!!! We don't allow multiple accounts here (Remember the link to the forum rules I posted above?), and doing so will cause your extra accounts to be banned, and causes our volunteer Moderators a lot of work. Shoot an email to the Forum Manager (me) and explain your issue, and I'll help you out. My email address can be found by clicking the Contacts Button at the top of every page. I'll do my best to respond within 24 hours, depending on the time you sent the email.

Are you an e-cigarette vendor or manufacturer? BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING, you must register with us as a supplier before you post on our forum. This is for the protection of our members, and failure to do so will result in your being banned from the forum with no warning. Use the Contacts Button that is located at the top of every page to find out how to register as a supplier.

If for some reason you don't like the username you've chosen (hey, it happens more often than you would think), you can request a username change here: Changing username

Important options in your Settings: To upload a Profile picture (the pic that shows in your profile) go to "Edit Profile Picture". To upload an Avatar (the pic that shows in your posts) go to "Edit Avatar". To upload a signature (text or pic), you need to have 15 posts, then the option will appear under "Edit Signature".

Do you see a post by another member that obviously breaks forum rules, or is spam? Help us out by reporting it! You can report any post by clicking the small icon under the post that looks like a triangle with an exclamation point in it. We appreciate your help!

Once you get five posts under your belt and get out of the New Members Forum, more forum features and places open up for you.

Do you enjoy these forums, and would like to help support the ECF? You can subscribe to the ECF for $24 a year via our subscriptions page. Subscriptions help to keep this forum going, and also gives you some perks such as a much larger PM Inbox, and a larger allowed avatar.

Having a technical issue with the forum that you'd like to report? Post it in the Site Feedback and Help Forum. This is also a great place to see if any issue you may have has already been covered in another thread.

Do you have a review site, blog, or other site that you would like to link to from the ECF? Contact me via Private Message beforehand. E-Cig blogs and review sites must go through a review process.

Absolutely have to talk to a forum administrator? Use the Contacts Button located at the top of every page.

Wondering where you can join up with other members in your location, or who have similar interests as you? Check out our Social Groups and the Social Group Forums.

Have some extra e-cig equipment or e-liquid, and would like to sell them? Or are you looking to try and find a good deal on some "gently used" e-cig supplies? Become a Verified Member. How to become Verified. Once you have become Verified, visit our Classifieds and Swaps Forum.

We have a great place to get some good, informative information called the ECF Library. You should check it out.

Need to make some test posts to see if your images are showing up in your posts correctly, or if your signature is showing up, or for whatever other reason? Feel free to post them in The Sandbox. It's located near the very bottom of the front page of the forum.

Looking for Suppliers? We have 80 e-cigarette suppliers with their own forums on the ECF Located Here. We also have hundreds of other Registered Suppliers who advertise in the E Cigarette Suppliers Forum, as well as the subforums under it.

Looking for news regarding the e-cigarette industry and legislation? Or looking to see how you can get involved? Check out the Electronic Cigarette News Section and the Campaigning Section.

Want to kick back and talk about non-ecig topics? Check out The Lounge and OUTSIDE forums.

Looking for some ECF swag? Or some free ECF business cards? Take a look at our ECF Merchandise forum.

Keep checking back to this thread from time to time, as I'll most likely be adding in more tips and helpful links.
    bepsage, Spunky, NAXsmok and 127 others like this.
    Carved upon my stone: "My body lies, yet still I roam."

Moved On

thanks for the info.
    earthtribe81 likes this.

Thanks for all the good info.

Blog Entries

Thanks, all the info was great!! Gotta love the ECF library!!
    HustleUp likes this.

Thanks for the info - ECF is definitely the place for good info!
    Akileze likes this.

Thanks for the info, been lurking for a while and finally joined up!

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

ty for the info!! everything helps!
    rdbush69, viky and HustleUp like this.

appreciate the good info!!! really enjoying this site.
    Grammarose1960 likes this.

Great info Angus, and all in one place, too. Like some others, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join. Thanks for the great site!
    HustleUp and sky2Duke like this.

I've been addicted to the ECF for about six weeks and finally decided to join. What a wealth of information! Thanks!!!
    Akileze, nodita, jmnred and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast