Do Not Order "Free Trials"!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Do Not Order "Free Trials"!!!

Thank you, thank you for posting this! So true, I keep getting all kinds of emails, hearing ads on the radio and all over the search engines and facebook for free trials. Funny how they almost all look the same too? Bet it is all the same couple of companies. Friend ordered and was scammed for well over $100 and is fighting re-occuring charges now for some "club". Giving the rest a bad name definately.
    Highping is right, avoid, avoid.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This is good information. They have 100s of advertisement on TV with free trial offers but they want your credit card to pay for shipping. You are right once they get your credit card who knows. Even advertisement where if you buy one you the second one free with additioal S&H and then this will be 15.00. This is all ripoffs.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started by ordering a free trial, took a month to get it. Fortunately I paid for the shipping with a Paypal Secure Card so they have not been able to charge me more. I was lucky.
    Ace5High likes this.
    Vape 'til you drop

NCC
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I did the free trial route, but escaped before the 'trial' period was up.

Just today, at work, a guy who knows I'm vaping boasted to me that he knew where he could get a $130 kit for free! I only had to ask a couple questions before it was clear that his 'free' offer was one of the 'free trial' offers like the one I fell for. I advised him of why I felt those offers were scams. I think he was convinced. But, you know what they say about a fool and his money.

Like others here, I was unaware of the fact that eCigs is a full blown industry ... I thought the trial offer I fell for was the only one, or one of a few models in existence.

Bravo for posting this warning. Even though, without the scam capturing my attention I may not have discovered this forum.
    4.8 years smoke free!

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Everyone should also stay away from mall kiosks. *cough cough*SE*cough cough*
    undertheradar likes this.

I definitely agree with you on both the free trials and the mall kiosks, but I do have to give them some credit. I first heard of e-cigs about a year ago from a mall kiosk when I was in another state, tried one at the kiosk, and was not that impressed at the quality or price, but thought it was a neat idea. More recently, I started seeing all the free trial ads, and decided to do some research and found you guys and a phenomenal amount of great information. I received my Joye 510 kit last night from cignot and so far I love it! But I never would have known about any of this if not for the ads and the mall kiosk. So I am very glad I didn't buy from them, but I am grateful to them for introducing me to the wonderful world of vaping.
    heavymetalhero likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Iwannaquit4good's Avatar

I keep trying and trying to warn people about this as well. As my friend's knows I am head over heels into the Vape thing. I have told them of great vendors on here. The term free sounds awesome n I keep telling em don't do it!

Super Member ECF Veteran

E SmokeyShack is an honest vendor, quick service, stands behind what he sells..........Purchased my 510 from there and never looked anywhere else. Through them I found this site. Awesome.

Moved On

Was funny the other day in walmart.
    1 of the employee's I know looked at me strange when I walked up & blew out vape. While telling her to get to work.
    First thing she asked is that 1 of those water cigarettes. Im like sorta.
    Is more of a vaporizer and not a cigarette & its not water.
    She told me they have been advertising them on the radio here locally.

So i researched it that night. Mind you i have had a PV for about a yr.
    Found out they give you a free kit Basic kit. Most likely a 401.
    then put you on a monthly cartridge list. and whoa the price of there cartridges was outrageous.

Yes there is many people falling for it.
    This is why I wish I had plenty of different units to be out and about & let smokers give them a shot.

Would definitely take using carts. With a good flavor. & business cards to point them in the proper direction's.

SQUIRREL! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Hi, new here. :)

Yes, I did this and got burned. Then I found this forum and did a ton of research and found something that worked out great for me...and for a friend that I shared the info with. However...I have two other friends who I have shared ALLLLL this great info with and they STILL went with a "free trial offer". I'm so frustrated! Why would they do that??? Grrrrr.

Anyway...this is my first post here. I love all the info I've found here and look forward to looking around some more.
    2easy likes this.