The Darwin From Evolv!!! - Page 1001
Page 1001 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 501901951991997998999100010011002100310041005101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,010 of 13683
Like Tree5867Likes

Thread: The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

post 10000!!

edit :ahhh vapian! lol i was f5ing and thought i might get it before you 1000 pages, 10000 posts, id say thats an accomplishment go darwin!
    Panky and Vapian like this.

Quit Smoking: August 1st, 2011

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

OK Vapian.....think we will start calling you "fast fingers Vapian"......ya beat me to the punch.......you made history tonight in Darwinia.....
    Vapian likes this.

PIF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Woot Congrats Vapian...........now for those not familiar with your mailman blues, I think a new song is in order

but for those still waiting on your darwins
    Last edited by Vchick; 11-16-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    retird, Robby and Vapian like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i got the 1st 1000 page post, i should win a new darwin too

Quit Smoking: August 1st, 2011

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vchick View Post
    Woot Congrats Vapian...........now for those not familiar with your mailman blues, I think a new song is in order
    Tell you what: I'll start writing that song the very minute Drew posts asking me what color Darwin to send.
    Vchick, retird and Panky like this.

Too many blasted mods to list anymore, but proud of my Billet Box Standard & Woody
    Cigarettes Avoided: Thousands * $$ Saved: Not One Red Cent

ECF Veteran

Mailman blues is awesome....
    retird, Credo and Panky like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

10,000. Wow I thought it would be a little more ummmmmmmm Climatic?? Nice milestone for our merry band of gutter dwellers. As Rob suggested bring on the mazola!!!
    Panky and Rob0506 like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah, party time!

Alright, on a serious note... Reflecting on the design of the Darwin, and the mixed response it seems to have received. I am a relative n00b, so I really had no preconceived notions about what a mod should look like. I shopped long and hard (have fun with that one, Ski!) and the Darwin was the only one I got really excited about. It struck me as a little pricey at the time and I searched for something cheaper, but thankfully wound up with the Darwin.

Now I occasionally see posts by people who criticize the way the Darwin looks or that it looks uncomfortable, but these same people would happily buy a box mod (and I assume many own one or two of them). I think the design of the Darwin is pure genius. It is soooo comfortable in the hand and in the pocket. Sure it's not ideal for tanks, but the tube mods aren't ideal for dripping either. The Darwin is an extremely stable platform for dripping, and mine has never rolled off my desk.

So what is more important, form or function? In my eyes the Darwin has both, though I admit that the fit and finish isn't as polished as that of the Provari. I guess I just needed to vent a little as I find it frustrating to see the silly things people say about it. :-)
    Credo, dmj4 and Killjoy1 like this.

ECF Veteran

I agree about the design of the Darwin. I like being able to lay it down and flip the atty to verticle. I do this with my Ego T tank, G4's and another little tank I have. It keeps them from leaking out everywhere, so in my opinion, it is good/best for some of the thinner tanks.
    Rob0506 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dmj4 View Post
    I agree about the design of the Darwin. I like being able to lay it down and flip the atty to verticle. I do this with my Ego T tank, G4's and another little tank I have. It keeps them from leaking out everywhere, so in my opinion, it is good/best for some of the thinner tanks.
    Good point, with a tube mod you'd need to risk laying it sideways or stand it on end and hope it doesn't get knocked over. Hmm, maybe the Darwin is better for tanks as well.

Having the arm bent at 90 degrees or a 120 degrees while vaping makes it so comfortable. I have tried using it with the arm fully extended to sort of simulate using a tube mod and it feels so unnatural to me. Maybe it's just because I've never owned one so I haven't needed to get used to it.
    Credo and dmj4 like this.