The Darwin From Evolv!!! - Page 1012
Page 1012 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 125129129621002100810091010101110121013101410151016102210621112 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,120 of 13683
Like Tree5864Likes

Thread: The Darwin From Evolv!!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I got my AV juice order in today and Mrs. T tomorrow. I'm gonna vape till I cant vape no more.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran cuseguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vapian View Post
    Vapemate seems to be the closest thing to a dedicated feeder mod that would work.

If you're mostly looking for capacity and don't mind cartomizers, you might consider a tank. The better ones run from $20 on up, but if you search around there's a relatively popular new low-end tank out there selling for well under that. In fact, there is at least one place selling the exact same thing as a "disposable" tank for just $5.00(!).

I have four of those tanks, two each from two sources. From the more expensive source, one is pretty much crap and the other is just OK. From the cheaper source, both are actually better than the other two. But I think that's just luck; quality control on these is a complete crap shoot.

If you manage to find these and decide to try them, I recommend getting the "normal" resistance (~3.0 ohms) for the Darwin and expanding the near-microscopic hole in the carto with a pick, nail, small punch, etc. They're all DC cartos and longer than normal but if you don't like them, get tired of them or don't like the longer form the tank body is not real thick and can be easily cut down to normal carto length. Personally, once you've got a good one that seals well I don't recommend taking them apart much -- just pull the old carto out and insert a new one when necessary.

If nothing else, they're a great introduction to tanks in practice and can help in making the decision on whether the expense of a higher-quality tank it is worth it to you. The only real problem with any tank on Darwin is that the swing arm cannot be closed with the tank attached. I think I saw a picture of one once in which the tank was actually rotated 90 degrees, but I don't see that as either attractive or practical.

Frankly I am surprised that no one has yet made a round tank for the Darwin with eccentric holes in the caps so the carto goes through very close to the tank wall (as opposed to dead-center as is the norm). If the caps were made just right and the body is not too thick, I'm thinking that would allow the tank to be rotated out so the swing arm could actually close. ...
    Did someone call me? The off-center hole approach is as close as I've come to making a tank that closes on the Darwin arm. I put up a working carto-tank prototype pic a few months ago with that exact idea. It is alot harder than people think. Even with the hole off-center, a certain amount of material is necessary on the bottom side to allow for the inner o-ring groove distance and just making it robust enough to hold up to daily use. Even keeping that as minimal as possible, design options become very limited. Drew wanted me to produce that prototype, but at the end of the day...it was just too ugly! I do have a current idea that holds some promise, but I can't put a timeframe on it yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2SR LTE using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by cuseguy; 11-18-2011 at 11:33 PM.
    andel11, Panky, Vapian and 2 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Can't wait to see it! Function overrules form. Get us an ugly tank.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huffelpuff View Post
    Yeah! We wanna get tanked!

Too many blasted mods to list anymore, but proud of my Billet Box Standard & Woody
    Cigarettes Avoided: Thousands * $$ Saved: Not One Red Cent

ECF Veteran

Already got "tanked", just need an offset adapter.........
    Panky and SAX like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by retird View Post
    Already got "tanked", just need an offset adapter.........
    I am trying to get tanked but typing makes me put my beer down!!!! Happy FRIDAY vapes all!!!
    Panky and Huffelpuff like this.

Some of the Darwin vets must recall it. It got nicknamed Project Trashcan in our shop, during it's brief life (very brief...) since the first version sported an out of place, oversized SS cap on its top that looked like...well...a trashcan! It has inner o-rings and works like any other carto tank. It's just a little aesthetically challenged
    Without further ado...
    Last edited by cuseguy; 11-19-2011 at 03:27 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, I'm sure that any of us would be honored to purchase The Trashcan from you! if it works it's a keeper. Did it have any design issues other than aesthetics?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

And Happy Friday Vaping to You!!

Well, I'm sure that any of us would be honored to purchase The Trashcan from you! if it works it's a keeper. Did it have any design issues other than aesthetics?
    No, it works perfectly with no real issues. Looking at it now, the design could probably be cleaned up a little and made a little more stylish. I actually have a better idea though that follows the same idea. And it might actually look nice
    I have done offset adapter protos but for such a simple thought, it is a surprisingly complex item. A simple z doesn't work, since you can't predict when the adapter will be snug with the connector aligned upward where you want it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2SR LTE using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by cuseguy; 11-19-2011 at 03:32 AM.